Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Last post 09-18-2020 08:37 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 74 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2020 11:29 PM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

I guess I got the problem. Filtered Xpath doesnt work for a SharePoint list..?
  • 07-28-2020 08:02 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

You probably need to be using "current" in that expression somewhere. I can't guess without seeing the form.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-11-2020 04:33 AM In reply to

Here is my form. I tried it with this xpath: sum(dfs:dataFields/my:SharePointListItem_RW/my:GJ2020Q3APV[../my:PrioDerT_x00e4_tigkeitOptional = current()/../my:Filter]) But it still doesn´t work. Thank you!
  • 08-11-2020 08:22 AM In reply to

Can you tell me where in the form to look for this?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-11-2020 11:20 PM In reply to

Here is the calculated field. Thank you!
  • 08-12-2020 08:19 AM In reply to

So - if the Filter field is actually equal to the my:PrioDerT_x00e4_tigkeitOptional field, the formula you posted should be ok. Here's a copy of your form where I added another copy of your table. It has the Filter field and the my:PrioDerT_x00e4_tigkeitOptional field on it, so you can see if those are the same.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-13-2020 01:16 PM In reply to

Following formular applied to your form works perfectly: sum(dfs:dataFields/my:SharePointListItem_RW/my:GJ2020Q3APV[../my:PrioDerT_x00e4_tigkeitOptional = ../my:Filter]) --> so without the "current" But applied (sum(dfs:dataFields/my:SharePointListItem_RW/my:GJ2020Q3APV[../my:PrioDerT_x00e4_tigkeitOptional = current()/../my:Filter])) to my form (connected to a SharePoint List) it shows me an error: The expression "../my:Filter" is not a valid path to a field or group. It shows me the same error even after I have added the "Filter" field to my table.
  • 08-17-2020 01:50 AM In reply to

My second question :): Is it possible to generate an automatic ongoing number/ID when I want to create a new item in my sharepoint list via an infopath form?
  • 08-17-2020 09:01 AM In reply to

Since you are setting all instances of the "filter" field using your buttons to filter, perhaps current isn't needed. As to your question on the automatic IDs - it can be done. I don't recommend it, because without code or a method to "reserve" an id you can't guarantee uniqueness. In general, people add a query connection to the list to get the max number, and as part of the submit rules, run the query, get the max, increment by one and then submit. While unlikely that two users will be submitting at the same time, it can happen.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-18-2020 12:18 PM In reply to

If I want upload the form (after inserting the formular without the "current") to my SP list ot show me following: Binding a non-repeating field to a repeating field is not supported in SharePoint list forms
  • 08-19-2020 10:10 AM In reply to

Yeah, that is an InfoPath browser form bug with calculated values. Will the form publish anyway? I think it won't block you from publishing. Edited to add: If the error bothers you, add a field w/ a default value instead of using a calculated value and display that instead.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-17-2020 05:20 AM In reply to

Hey Hilary is it possible to limit the shown itmes in a repeating table. F.e. I have a repeating table in which a user can insert as many items as he wants. Beside that I have another table which has at the moment the same amount of items as the other table, which is logical. So what I actually want is to limit the amount of items of one table. But on the other hand you can still insert as many items as you want on the other table. Thank you! Jasmin
  • 09-17-2020 03:53 PM In reply to

Yeah, you can do that with formatting rules. Do you want to hide based on a value? Or based on a row count?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-18-2020 03:41 AM In reply to

Based on the row account
  • 09-18-2020 08:37 AM In reply to

Here is a sample - save the file locally, right click, select design, preview. There are 20 rows by default in the repeating table - so you can see the two formatted tables showing only the first 5 and the last 5
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 5 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.