Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Last post 02-19-2021 11:44 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 81 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (82 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2021 01:33 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Hi Hilary, is there a way to submit a form to multiple SharePoint Online Lists? Thank you for you help! Jasmin
  • 02-17-2021 08:56 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Hi Hilary, I also got another question: Successfully I created the form attached. By clicking the top button it only shows me the tasks which belong to a specific title. Is it possible to add a new view to this form where all the tasks (of all titles) can be shown? Thank you! Jasmin
  • 02-17-2021 09:12 AM In reply to

To answer your first question - to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to submit a single list form to multiple lists. I would guess that to show all items from the list you'd need to add another data connection to the list and just query for all data when switching to your new view?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-18-2021 07:32 AM In reply to

Thank you Hilary! Another question regarding the end of Infopath support. Will my infopath form not be working in the future on SP 365? Can I create the same form in MS forms, also with repeating sections? I also heard about FormsViewer. After I have transformed my infopath form, what kind of data do I have then? How can I edit it in the future. We are switching to SharePoint Online (365) right now and I want to be sure that my form will be still working in 10 years or someting. Thank you very much! Jasmin
  • 02-19-2021 10:28 AM In reply to

I can't predict how long your InfoPath forms will continue to work on SharePoint 365. Only Microsoft knows that. I don't have much knowledge about Microsoft Forms - last time I looked at them, they were pretty limited. If you start using FormsViewer with your list form, the form will still query from and submit to a SharePoint list. If your form is a library form, the XML will still be submitted to and opened from a form library.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-19-2021 11:38 AM In reply to

So the form is still working after I have transformed it via FormsViewer. But where will I edit my form after that?
  • 02-19-2021 11:44 AM In reply to

For now, InfoPath designer. But we are working on a replacement for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6B9V15ArxI has an early peek at what we are working on.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 6 of 6 (82 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.