Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Last post 06-03-2020 01:10 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 55 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2020 04:16 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Thank you very much!!
  • 05-11-2020 06:13 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Another issue occured. I did some kind of VLOOKUP in my from using this default value for my departement field: Title[Name1 = current()/../MANameKompetenz0] (xdXDocument:GetDOM("SMT Orga")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Title[../d:Name1 = current()/../my:MANameKompetenz0]) I connected a second source data to my form in which persons and the refering department is listed. So if someone t
  • 05-11-2020 08:12 AM In reply to

I think your post got cut off. Let me know if there is an issue I can help you with.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-11-2020 08:20 AM In reply to

mhh.. I dont know why it doesnt work. Here is the second part of my post: Another issue occured. So if someone types in a specific name into the field "MA/Name/Kompetenz" it show me his or her department. This works perfectly. But sometimes people dont want to type in a specific person and just the departement in general. But this disappears immediately after switching to another fiel. Of course because the "MA/Name/Kompetenz" field is blanc. I tried to do it by rules: Like if the field "MA/Name/Kompetenz" is not blank I set the field "Departement" to this: Title[Name1 = current()/../MANameKompetenz0] But it doesnt work. Even if I change the Postback-Settings. Do you have another idea?
  • 05-11-2020 08:27 AM In reply to

I would use rules instead of default values on the department field if the name is not always going to be filled in. What does "doesn't work" mean in this case? The rule doesn't set the field at all, the rule doesn't set the field to the expected value, something else happens?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-11-2020 08:33 AM In reply to

Ok as I set the value of the dep.-field by using the rule, I could type in the dep. into my dep. field without disappearing when I click into antoher field; but also it didnt show me the referring dep. anymore when I typed in a person
  • 05-11-2020 08:37 AM In reply to

And this was with a rule on the name field? Can you attach a copy of the form with that rule in place so I can see it?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-11-2020 01:17 PM In reply to

No it is rule on the dep. field. The name field is a choice field refering to the second source data ("Name1" for the names and "Abteilung" for the dep.) Name of the dep. fiel: Abteilung MA/Name/Kompetenz Name of the name field: MA/Name/Kompetenz Thank you!
  • 05-11-2020 02:16 PM In reply to

I guess I don't understand why the rule would be on the department field? I think instead of a default value for department, you should set a rule on the name field that will set the department when the name changes. Then, if the user enters a name, the department will be set, but if the user just enters a department, the department field is left alone.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-03-2020 12:42 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, is it possible to save/cache changes made in a form without closing the form? Thank you! Jasmin
  • 06-03-2020 01:10 PM In reply to

Sure - check the submit options to make sure the form isn't set to close on submit....
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 4 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.