Infopath unable to publish workflow on Sharepoint DB upgraded from 2010 to 2013 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath unable to publish workflow on Sharepoint DB upgraded from 2010 to 2013

Last post 09-04-2020 10:51 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2020 01:04 PM

Infopath unable to publish workflow on Sharepoint DB upgraded from 2010 to 2013

We're preflighting another upgrade of one of our old 2010 farms to 2013. To this point, things have looked good. I had to mess with an InfoPath form for one of the lists to ensure it was working right. When i attempt to publish the form (with or without changing the form at all), i get the following SOAP error box. "The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown. List does not exist. The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. 0x82000006 " I confirmed that I can open and publish the form on the 2010 production box... and that fires off without incident. I've done some alterations to other workflows in other site collections on this test upgrade without incident too. I'm starting the googling... and have found some notes that are pretty iffy or low quality... but wondering if others have found a good troubleshooting path on this
  • 09-02-2020 02:42 PM In reply to

Re: Infopath unable to publish workflow on Sharepoint DB upgraded from 2010 to 2013

You will NOT believe it, but I've run into this error before. Here's what I did - I opened InfoPath Designer and opened the list template from designer by putting in the URL to the template -

https://MyServer/sites/MySite/Lists/MyListName/item/template.xsn

This allowed me to open in designer. I was then prompted to update the schema (this may or may not be the case for your list form - in this specific case someone had deleted a list used for a lookup) and at that point got a meaningful error.

In other words - in my case the issue stemmed from a bad lookup in the form. So... I'd start there. Open in design from Designer, and see if InfoPath will tell you something that is helpful. If it doesn't, do you have lookups? Did anything change on those?

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-03-2020 09:40 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath unable to publish workflow on Sharepoint DB upgraded from 2010 to 2013

I can't open the form the way you are doing it... I can open it from within sp and call Infopath...or i can go to that template in sp designer and tell it to open but i can't open infopath designer and give it the direct url to that... it gives me an error it can't open that form. also... i looked a page that should have that form embedded... that page won't open... i get a correlation id for an error there. if i open the form via sp into infopath... i get no prompt to update the schema (wonder if there's a way to trigger that manually?). fyi... i did open some other infopath forms and had no issues... so not sure what's up with this one. in a perfect world... i'd like to reimport my sp db and rerun the entire upgrade process to make sure i didn't do something else accidentally while messing with this that has no left in a state i cannot fix.
  • 09-03-2020 09:52 AM In reply to

There is a way under the data tab in the ribbon to refresh the fields.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-03-2020 10:13 AM In reply to

when i use that... i get one of the error boxes.. .but the text is unreadable as i mess... i've also tried to preview the form. and it says it can't lookup a user (it's checking the user profile service after the form opens for info on logged in user). So i'm also trying to remember what can muck that up.... seems i ran into this before while testing a 2010-2013 upgrade (or doing so on our test server)
  • 09-03-2020 10:34 AM In reply to

So for the unreadable error box - those are a pain. There was Windows update along the way that fixed that. But you can find the info in the Event Viewer on your machine - on my machine, they are under Applications and Services logs > Microsoft Office Alerts. I'd probably disable the user profile rule and see if that helps for previewing.... but my guess there would be that in preview it is using your AD account and the expected account info is your claims auth account.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-04-2020 10:36 AM In reply to

i'm going to have to back up on this whole issue i think. playing a bit more with this form and another... i don't know if Infopath is reaching the user profile service on this test SP server. I know i've seen that sort of issue in the past.. .but I can't remember what config steps it takes to make it work. I'm half thinking that's a less-evident part of the problem i'm currently experiencing
  • 09-04-2020 10:51 AM In reply to

I'd create a new blank test form. Add a data connection to the user profile service. Don't query on load. Add a calculated value to your form that shows the userName() function. Put the query and data fields from the user profile service data connection on the form and a button that runs the query. Publish as a browser enabled form to a test library. Open the form in the browser. Paste in the result of the userName() function that shows in your calculated value to the query field in the user profile data connection and click the button that executes the query - what do you see? I actually have a sample form set up for this - attached here. Just right click the link to the file and save locally, right click and open in design mode. Update the data connection to your server, then publish to your server.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.