Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Last post 03-26-2020 09:12 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 38 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-25-2020 09:50 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

I got one button in my form which has one action rule: query the main data source. Maybe I dont understand your question correctly. I have tried to show you the issue explained in one picture (attached). The third part of the picture shows that in my work package 1 all action items are shown (also those of work package 2) instead of only work package 1. Thank you for your help and sorry for disturbing you!
  • 03-25-2020 10:00 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

You aren't disturbing me, no need to apologize. So, in the attached template, on your button, I added a rule to set the query title field in the main DS to the title field in the 2ds. Then the query runs. That way only the items w/ the same title should be returned. Does that make sense?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-25-2020 11:21 AM In reply to

I am glad to hear this thank you! I run the query but it still shows me all action items , nothing changed.... i start to lose hope :(:(
  • 03-25-2020 11:36 AM In reply to

In this copy I've added the query title field to the form at the bottom and another button to run the query, as well as a few fields from the data field so you can test a bit - just try entering the desired Title in the query title field, and running the query from the button. See if your results are any different....This will at least give you an idea of ways to test your logic which may help figure out the issue. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-26-2020 02:53 AM In reply to

It finally works! I set the Title query field to the tile data field and also put the value, that the title query field has automatically the same value as the title data field below. What a milestone! Thank you! I also made it that my form shows the selected employees in my calculated value field. But they arenĀ“t editable. Could you please tell me in detail how this works? Besides that a general question: I got this form connected with a specific sharepoint list. In case I want to create another sharepoint list (with different name) which is also editable with this form, how can I connect my form with several sharepoint lists? Thank you, Hilary! You are ingenious!
  • 03-26-2020 07:18 AM In reply to

And would it be possible, to enter just the department? For example sometimes there is no specific person named for the work taks, just the dep. in general. In this case if I just want to fill in my dep, it is currently not possible (the name of the dep. disappears), because no person is selected in the person picker.
  • 03-26-2020 08:15 AM In reply to

I've altered the attached with a suggestion for what to do for the people picker. The department gets a little trickier - if we could add rules to people picker fields, I'd just use a rule instead of a default! You may have to add a "helper" field to your list - "SelectedUser" or something. Set the default value for the new field to the Display Name from the people picker, and add a rule to the new field to set the department. Then you don't have to use a default for the department....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-26-2020 08:52 AM In reply to

Thank you! Do you know if I can connect one form with several sharepoint lists?
  • 03-26-2020 09:12 AM In reply to

Oh, sorry, I'd missed that question. You can query other lists, but cannot submit data to other lists. SharePoint List forms are only able to submit to the list they are created from.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 3 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.