Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Last post 05-11-2020 02:16 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 53 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-20-2020 02:30 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

It works perfectly, thank you! I got another request for my form :( (it will never end ;)) I got one field in which you enter the name of the employee (this field is connected with the SHarePoint library). Each employee belongs to a departement. Therefore I have a listwith two colums (Employee and department). Is it possible to connect the form with this list. So that, if one employee is selected, it automatically fills in the correct department? Thank you!!
  • 03-20-2020 08:21 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating sections / displaying all added items/rows of my SP list in my infopath form

Yep. You need to add a data connection to the list with employee / dept. How do the users currently enter the employee in the form? Do they select via a people picker or something?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-23-2020 02:12 AM In reply to

Currently I can select my employee from the SharePoint "library".
  • 03-23-2020 07:58 AM In reply to

Ok, so you are using a people picker in the form. In your other list with employees and departments, if the Employee field is a person or group column type, then you would be able to match on the account id to get the correct dept. Add a data connection to your list to your form, attach a copy of your form here, and I can help you.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-24-2020 08:57 AM In reply to

Ok I have added a data connection via another Sharepoint list called SMT Orga with 2 Columns: Abteilung (engl.depart.) and Name1. I just realised that the query of the action items doesn´t work as perfectly as I thought it does :( When I start my query it shows ALL action items of ALL work packages. I think I did something wrong. I will show you my settings/rules I applied in the following posts. Please tell me where the mistake is :) Thank you so much! Stay healthy! Jasmin
  • 03-24-2020 09:00 AM In reply to

The query I have added
  • 03-24-2020 09:02 AM In reply to

The query of the button
  • 03-24-2020 12:43 PM In reply to

Maybe give this one a try? It looked on your button like you were setting the title query field after you ran the query, but you'll want to do that before. I added a default value to Abteilung Mitarbeiter/Name/Kompetenz - it is making the assumption that the Name 1 field in your other list is going to match the display name from your people picker. I may be guessing all wrong here - since I can't preview, it is hard to guess. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-25-2020 07:51 AM In reply to

Unfortunately I cant fix the issue with my action items. When I click on my button it always shows me the action items of all work packages. I tried out to many things but I cant fix it. Here again what I did until now: Work Package Query field: I set the Work Package Query field=Action item query field Button: run the query for the main data source
  • 03-25-2020 07:55 AM In reply to

It works! Thank you so much!!! But when I want my form to show all my action items, this happens: My employees disappeard. I am so grateful for your help!!
  • 03-25-2020 08:02 AM In reply to

Try putting just the display name from the people picker on the form in a calculated value and see if that displays. If so, you might need to use some conditional formatting rules to display the people picker vs the calculated value.... like, if Display Name is not blank, show the calculated value, and if it is, show the people picker. You could also add a little "X" button to clear the people picker in case the user needs to change after selecting.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-25-2020 08:02 AM In reply to

Here is my current form. Is there a way you can preview the form? Thank you!!!
  • 03-25-2020 08:06 AM In reply to

No - I can't preview the form because I don't have access to your SharePoint site. I'm also confused at this point as to what issues you still have - you had one post that indicated you were not able to get the current work items, then the next seemed to indicate you were? Can you clarify for me what you still need help with?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-25-2020 09:09 AM In reply to

I just realised that the query of the action items doesn´t work as perfectly as I thought it does :( When I start my query it shows ALL action items of ALL work packages. I just want the form to show those which belong to the respective work package.
  • 03-25-2020 09:20 AM In reply to

Ok. Does the rule on the button that I modified return the correct items? Is it just an issue when the form first loads?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.