submit data to sharepoint list using web service (task form) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

submit data to sharepoint list using web service (task form)

Last post 11-17-2016 08:18 AM by jet123. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-13-2016 07:52 AM

• jet123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-25-2016
    • Posts 2

submit data to sharepoint list using web service (task form)

Hi, I have a background in nintex forms and we use to be able to create workflows with each user in the workflow able to see the data of the previous task in the workflow as well as submit theier own data to the list using asp.net forms. but now i have to use infopath and sharepoint 2010 workflow but there seems to be no way that the user can submit data to sharepoint list. there is a blog about it using web service but it only talks about the blank form or administar approved form template and not through task forms. anyone please help.
  • 11-16-2016 04:55 PM In reply to

Re: submit data to sharepoint list using web service (task form)

Unfortunately, unless you are using a list form, it is pretty hard to submit InfoPath data to a list. The company I work for makes a product that simplifies this - you can download a free trial here. Otherwise, you have to write custom code, or use CAML to submit (you can find a couple mega posts on this forum outlining using CAML and web services).

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-17-2016 08:18 AM In reply to

• jet123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-25-2016
    • Posts 2

Re: submit data to sharepoint list using web service (task form)

I have tried to use caml and rules to submit to web service submit connection but its giving me Err 5567 which is probably related to claims based web application which i cannot change in my setup. and code option is not available in list form or task form and also i cannot make my form as administrator approved when i upload it to administrator approved forms it invalidates the form and doesnt verify it since it is a task form.I wonder why infopath lacks this feature as in most of the forms in workflow some user provide some data and in the same workflow some user provide part of the form data as well.so how to save it to the list still remains.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.