Qrules injected form working in preview but not on the browser - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Qrules injected form working in preview but not on the browser

Last post 04-09-2014 04:45 PM by Rommel Sta. Juana. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2014 02:55 PM

Qrules injected form working in preview but not on the browser

Hi,

Good day. We recently purchased Qrules 5.2. I had followed the procedure on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRjRYtcR8Gw from Patrick. I was able to make the form working when previewing on client InfoPath form. But once the form was published as a web browser form, the changes was not taking effect on the list. I'm using InfoPath 2013 (but in compatibility option, I select web browser form InfoPath 2010) and SharePoint 2010. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Rommel 

• 04-03-2014 03:02 PM In reply to

Re: Qrules injected form working in preview but not on the browser

Hi - do you get an error? Or does it just appear the command is not working? Set postback on the button that executes the command to always. If that doesn't resolve the issue in the browser, you can put the Qdabra Rules Error node on your form and see if an error is returned.

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-03-2014 03:36 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

There is no error prompted on the browser. As I see it, when I click the button, the changes is not save back to the list. I will try setting the postback on the button and let you know. Thank you. 

• 04-03-2014 05:15 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

I had try to set the postback setting of the button to always and still does not submit to list when in browser. Please see screenshot when I add the Error node. Also, is there a difference when a form is injected when selecting Sandbox or Admin Deploy? The form that is injected using Sandbox works in preview and not on browser.

While the form that is injected using Admin Deploy does not work in both preview and browser. 

• 04-03-2014 05:23 PM In reply to

I see you are getting an ID set in the screenshot, though, right? But that item is not being created / updated in the list?

Admin Deploy is only going to work if the form is actually admin deployed via central admin.

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-03-2014 05:37 PM In reply to

The ID is automatically set when the item in the above repeating table had changed. When the Approve or reject button is clicked, it will enter the change in the repeating section below and once submitted, the value of the Approval Decision is not saved back to the list.

• 04-03-2014 09:40 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Good afternoon. As I do some troubleshooting, please see below of what I had found out

1. InfoPath Form injected as Admin Deploy - does not work in preview and browser

2. InfoPath Form injected as Sandbox - works on preview but not on browser

Both of the above instance, the controls that uses Qrules are set to "Always" (for the postback settings) and there is no error on the "Error" node when I add it to the form. 

• 04-04-2014 08:04 AM In reply to

May I take a look at your form? You can attach it under the Options tab on this thread, or email to Support AT Qdabra DOT com with a link to this thread. Thanks!

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-04-2014 06:09 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Kindly see attached file the form. There are two forms: the Admin and Sandbox injected form. The sandbox injected form is the one working in preview but not on browser. Thank you..

• 04-04-2014 06:17 PM In reply to

This is the second one that is admin injected and does not work in both preview and browser.

• 04-07-2014 06:10 AM In reply to

Thanks for including the forms.

I notice the button has a SubmitToSharePointList command followed by a Delete command.

This means that if the SubmitToSharePointList command produces an error, that error will be cleared once the Delete command executes. qRules displays the Result, Error and Success for the most recent command.

Can you try using a button that only uses the SubmitToSharePointList command, and check the Error node after clicking the button? This will tell us whether the command is returning an Error.

Let us know what you find. Thanks!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 04-07-2014 07:37 AM In reply to

I'd like to add - as I mentioned above, we'd expect the Admin deploy injected form to only work if deployed central admin. Not sure if you did that while testing?

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-07-2014 03:15 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Good morning. Yes, I did deploy the Admin injected form in Central Admin and add the form as a content type in a form library.

• 04-08-2014 07:33 AM In reply to

Have you had a chance to try Ernesto's suggestion?

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-08-2014 06:38 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary/Ernesto,

Good day. Please see below result when I try the suggestion from Ernesto

* For Admin Injected Form

Preview in Client InfoPath - Error node displays "Action: SubmitToSharePointList. Arguments: submit: sub mapping: mapping id: my:ID . Details: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.. Stack: at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.PerformSubmitToSharePointList() at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.RunCommand(String commandName) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand()"

Preview in Browser - Error node displays "Action: SubmitToSharePointList. Arguments: submit: sub  mapping: mapping  id: my:ID  . Details: Security Exception - please check security requirements for this command."

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.