FullTrust and Certificate - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

FullTrust and Certificate

Last post 06-28-2005 05:44 AM by ScottAtRVC. 52 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2005 01:46 AM In reply to

Re: FullTrust and Certificate

I looked on www.Thwate.com . There are several products:

SGC SuperCert - One step beyond
    SSL Server Certificate [40-, 56- or 128-bit] - A firm handshake of trust
    SSL123 Certificates
    Code Signing Certificates - secure your code

So...whitch one I need for InfoPath Forms??
    By the way. After I buy the certificate I will put it on the server that the form will be published to, am I right?
    Can I put this certificate in more than one server?
  • 06-14-2005 09:55 AM In reply to

Hi.

We use Code Signing Certificates for InfoPath forms.

You do not need to install the certificate onto the server. By publishing the form (which has been now been digitally signed) this will package the certificate with the XSN.

Check your license agreement in regards to certificate use.

Cheers. Scott.
  • 06-15-2005 10:58 PM In reply to

O.K! that's good information. But after I buy the certificate I need to with it somthing on me machin (or server)!
    2 more questions:
    1) What I need to do? What I get when I buy certificate (any file?) What should I do with what I get from Thwate befor I sign the form with?
    2) Can I sign the form on my local machin and publish it to server, OR should I sign it on the server it self and the publish it local on the server???
    By the way.... you help me a lot
    Thank you!!!!
  • 06-16-2005 01:29 AM In reply to

Hi,

When you buy the certificates you will get a certificate file. The mechanism from Thwate is the file is self installing. This has now installed those certificates on your PC. So when you go to publish your InfoPath form, in the Form options, security tab you will be able to select the appropriate certificate to sign the form with.

As it happens we have installed the certificates on the server because occasionally we have needed to re publish the form from the server and this way the certificates are available.

However do note, publishing from your PC to the server will bundle the certificates with the XSN. There is no requirement to install the certificate on the server.

glad to help :) Scott
  • 06-16-2005 07:25 AM In reply to

Now I confuse.....
    There are several option
    1) install certificate on my PC -> Sign the form on my PC (open form in design mode on my PC) -> Publish form to the server

2) install certificate on the server -> Sign the form on the server(open form in design mode on the server) -> Publish form to the server (local path)

3) install certificate on my PC AND on the server -> Sign the form on my PC (open form in design mode on my PC) -> Publish form to the server

Just tell me witch one (or more then one) options I can/need use!
    That's all foe while

• 06-16-2005 07:44 AM In reply to

Sorry to confuse you, was just trying to cover all the options :)

the best is to just stick to option (1).

Cheers. Scott.
  • 06-16-2005 08:38 AM In reply to

Thak you Thank you!!!!!

And now to my finale question! I remind you that I want all this just for avoid install the form (template) in each client machine (each machin in the organization). In this solution (of sign the form with certificate) I can finaly only publish it to the server (where the users will open instance from).
    When I use the "old" way (of install template on each machin) I needed to install .NET FrameWork 1.1 (becuase my form's code is in c#), InfoPath 2003 and Service Pack 1 for office 2003 in each client machin.
    So...with this solution, should I still install all this in each client machin or only on the server. Let's do order, What shold be now on each client machin and what should be on the server?
    Thank you again!!!
  • 06-16-2005 09:50 AM In reply to

Hi.

On Client. .Net Framework. Office 2003 with SP1.
    On Server. Nothing.

Cheers. Scott.
  • 06-16-2005 09:32 PM In reply to

O.K!!!! Now I get it!
    So, If I want to avoid install .NET Framework on client I need to write my code in JS editor. Am I right?
  • 06-17-2005 02:12 AM In reply to

Hi. That is correct, assuming you do not use any of the framework dlls in your JScript. Cheers. Scott.
  • 06-17-2005 02:47 PM In reply to

O.K! Thank you again! Now I need to buy the certificate and start working with it, So pity that thwate.com dont have trying version of certificate and that I need to buy it in order to try it.
    Thank you!
  • 06-21-2005 12:45 AM In reply to

In Thwate.com I choose the Code Signing certificate and now I need to choose between:

1)Apple Developer Certificate
    2)JavaSoft Developer Certificate
    3)Microsoft Authenticode (Multi-Purpose) Certificate
    4)Netscape Code-Signing Certificate
    5)VBA Developer Certificate

Whitch one I need to sign my infopath form?
  • 06-21-2005 01:45 AM In reply to

Hi Liorlankri

All the posting from you and the others for this topic helped me to find the solution to the same problem I have as you: design a form with submitting data, full trust and signing the form, then destribute it to users.

I got a temporary code signing certificate from www.trustcenter.de just to test without any costs.
    I choose "buy a Code Signing Certificate" and "Microsoft Authenticode (Multi-Purpose) Certificate". They send the certificate via email and you can install it.
    Now I can sign my forms and publish them to a local directory on my PC and then send it to users via email. They can open the form without any access to my local published form. The only things the users have to do is once to accept me (with this certificate) as a trustfull source.

Hope this helps
  • 06-21-2005 04:12 AM In reply to

I dont find in www.trustcenter.de where is the free certificate. send me pleas the link.
  • 06-21-2005 04:55 AM In reply to

https://www.trustcenter.de/fcgi-bin/Request.cgi?Static=DemoCodeSign
    (is in german)

You have to use the MS IE!

Inputs (optional)
    - Vorname (firstname)
    - Nachname (fammilyname)

Inputs (required)
    - E-Mail (your email adress for the new certificate)

go further (Antrag senden)

In "Cryptographic Service Provider" choose "Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider v1.0 " (if not available then choose "Microsoft Base Cryptographic Provider v1.0"). After that create the key pair (Schl├╝sselpaar erzeugen) and wait for the email to install the code signing certificate.

Frowin
Page 2 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.