FullTrust and Certificate - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

FullTrust and Certificate

Last post 06-28-2005 05:44 AM by ScottAtRVC. 52 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2005 04:38 AM

FullTrust and Certificate

What is the different between giving a form FullTrust security (and create MSI file for installtion) and Sign the form by certificate??

• 06-06-2005 05:02 AM In reply to

Re: FullTrust and Certificate

Hi,

Giving a form Full trust would require you to register the form on the user's machine. I assume you would do the registration in your installation package.

When digitally signing a form, the form does not need to be registered on each user's machine.

Hope this helps
    Scott
  • 06-06-2005 10:39 PM In reply to

O.K Scott!
    I'm very close to solve this problem. I need from you just littel more information.
    I know for sure that I must to give my form full trust security level. I want to install the form (= create template of it) on my organization server! in that way that the users will open (by button click) an instance of the form from a web portal page of the organization!!
    by this code

var ranNum= Math.round(Math.random()*25555);
    var Newpath="\\\\OrgServer\\Templates\\"+ ranNum +".xml"
    var template="\\\\OrgServer\\Templates\\MyForm.xsn"

//Start the application
    var oApp = new ActiveXObject("InfoPath.Application");
    var oXDocumentCollection = oApp.XDocuments;
    var oXDocument=oXDocumentCollection.NewFromSolution(template);

I only need "Yes" "No" answer! Can I satisfied in install the form only in the organization server (called "OrgServer") or should I install it in each machin in the organization for addition??
    that's all!!!

thank you for your help
  • 06-07-2005 12:46 AM In reply to

Hi,

If you can digitally sign the form, then installing it on the server alone will work and no client machine installations will be required.

If you cannot digitally sign the form, then you will have to install the template and register it on every client machine in the organisation.

Personally, i go for the digitally signing of forms.

hope this helps.
    Scott
  • 06-07-2005 04:14 AM In reply to

Thank you Scott!
    I was watting long time for answer to this problem! and you finally helped me.
    Just 2 more question - Let's say that i will digitally signing my form:
    1) Do I need to buy certificate for this?
    2) After I digitally sign the form: should I create a MSI file and install it on the server or Should I only publish it to the server? What's the different?
  • 06-07-2005 08:58 AM In reply to

Hi,

You are more than welcome. In answer to your questions;

1. we use http://www.thawte.com/ to supply our digital certificates. IIRC, Microsoft servers can generate certificates, but i would have no idea how to do this.

2. TBH you can do either. we publish the form to the server. If you want to create an MSI because you have other processes to complete too, then that is fine. THere is no difference, just depends on what you make the MSI do :)

Cheers, Scott.
  • 06-07-2005 10:14 AM In reply to

O.K!
    My code is wirriten in C# (the form is VS .NET project).this project contain WebReference (To a Web Service on the server). So do I need MSI file for installation or still I can do either??
    Thank you! you help a lot
  • 06-08-2005 04:00 AM In reply to

Hi.

You can still do either.

What ever method you adopt, do remember ensuring the webreference url in the manifefst is a fully qualified path :)

Cheers, Scott
  • 06-08-2005 07:47 AM In reply to

Should I install the certificate on the server only or in each machin?
    Is it any test certificate that I can use on my server for check if user in my organiztion will be able to open the form?
  • 06-09-2005 02:20 AM In reply to

Hi.

You will not need to install the certificates on the server. The certificates will be bundled within your XSN. When the user tries to open the digitally signed form for the first time, they will be prompted to accept the certificates. Accepting this will save the certificates in the users profile. You do not need to install anything on the client machines.

In regards to test certificates, i cannot help as my establishment already had purchased certificates. However, a quick google search showed - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws3pkibp.mspx this should help you set up Microsoft server certificates.

Cheers, Scott
  • 06-09-2005 04:13 AM In reply to

I understand!

Now I want you to tell why it will not work I only puplish it (or install) the form on the server without giving full trust security and without sign digital??
    Is it because the form's code have WebReference to a WebService??
    Thank you!
  • 06-09-2005 04:37 AM In reply to

And one more thing..... What should I do for see the certificate on the list of "select certificate" in the Form option->Security->sign this form????
  • 06-09-2005 06:38 AM In reply to

Hi.

It does not work because your code behind requires the full trust access / digitally signed security level.

To see a list of certificates - Form Options, Security, Select Certificate.

Cheers, Scott
  • 06-11-2005 12:41 PM In reply to

Whitch Type of certificate should I use? Is it any certificate of microsoft which i can try with?
  • 06-13-2005 04:06 AM In reply to

Hi. Like i said, we only use Thwate certificates. Have you tried researching Microsoft Server and digital certificates. Sorry. Scott.
Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.