FullTrust and Certificate - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

FullTrust and Certificate

Last post 06-28-2005 05:44 AM by ScottAtRVC. 52 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2005 01:31 PM In reply to

Re: FullTrust and Certificate

I will explain to you my reason!

When I design the form for the client I work on it ofcours on my organzation server (server name is "MyServer"). Now... When I want to check it I sign it on my local machin and publish it the server ("MySrever"). The WebService of this form also located on this server (in the Inetpub\wwwroot), That's why I use directing ofhttp://localhost/WSname/service.asmx !
    But!!! My Client organization has its own server (Let's calle it "ClientServer") So..If I will install the form on the client server as it is it will not work (dont recognize "MyServer") But if I will use "localhost" defenision and I will install the form in "ClinServer" and located the WebService on this form also in "ClientServer" (in the Inetpub\wwwroot) It will work!!!
    So, If I will use the server name in the directing to the WebService instead of "localhost" I will need to open the form in desgin mood(and it's .NET code) IN THE CLIENT SERVER and change manual all the Dataconnections of the form and the WebReference (in the code) to the specific name of the client's server (cahnge from "http://MyServer.." to "http://ClientServer..")!!!
    And I want to avoid this action.
    Do you have solution? That's why I need to use "localhost" and I was thinking that if the template of the form (hold the code) located on server so the directing of localhost will search it on the server and not on each user machin!!!
    What can I do?
  • 06-27-2005 01:48 AM In reply to

Hi. Do you have a formal deployment method for your client? Could the manifest be modified at this point? Or is the client part of your organisation - so you can ask for a specific server configuration?
    cheers. Scott.
  • 06-27-2005 04:27 AM In reply to

Sorry Scoot I didnt understand your answer! did you understand my problem?? am I right?

When I open the form in design mood I can cahnge the dataconnection propertys. when i change the location on the web service (of any dataconnection), the the manifest update automatic (to the update Web service URL).
  • 06-27-2005 05:30 AM In reply to

Hi. I understand your problem. You are deploying the same form to your company and a client company. Each company has a different server name. Therefore using localhost allows you to deploy the same version to both yourself and the client.
  • 06-27-2005 05:32 AM In reply to

Sorry pressed submit.

So what i was asking was whether you have any control over the deployment / installation of the InfoPath forms?

When you install the version in your own company - make sure the manifest refers to the MyServer.

When you install the version in your client company - make sure the manifest refers to the MyClientServer.

Make any sense? Cheers. Scott.
  • 06-27-2005 09:04 AM In reply to

Yes it is!

It's just make me to open the form (in desgin mood) on the client organization and to change all directing before i publish it. I can't change it on my machine and make MSI file becuase my machine will not find "MyClientServer".
    It's a littel work.
    Thank you any way!
  • 06-28-2005 04:20 AM In reply to

• dev
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-28-2005
    • Posts 4

Dear scott,
    could you clarify what exactly happens, when such processes as "publishing", "registering" and "installing" of the form are done?
    What are the implications of not performing these processes?
    Thanks.

quote:
    Originally posted by ScottAtRVC

Hi,

Giving a form Full trust would require you to register the form on the user's machine. I assume you would do the registration in your installation package.
    When digitally signing a form, the form does not need to be registered on each user's machine.

• 06-28-2005 05:44 AM In reply to

hi.

Publishing. This is the process for saving the template to a directory or a sharepoint library. This is the template used to create instances of the form for users.

Registering. When using managed code wihtin infopath forms there are varying levels of security. For example, managed code which modifies the file system must be fully trusted for security reasons. Therefore forms that require full trust must be published in one of two ways.
    1. Registering of the form on the users machine. This process informs the infopath process it can trust this form to perform fully trusted code execution.
    2. Digital signatures. By digitally signing a form which requires full trust, the infopath process knows this form is signed and as such allows the execution of fully trusted managed code. Note this then allows fully trusted forms to be stored in a central location and not have to be registered on each users machine.

Installing. This is the automation of the above processes through an installer package. i.e. MSI.

Hope this helps, please feel free to ask any questions.
    Cheers. Scott.
Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.