Attachments links in Infopath Forms (for use in MOSS) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Attachments links in Infopath Forms (for use in MOSS)

Last post 11-24-2009 04:31 AM by flamant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2009 09:40 AM

Attachments links in Infopath Forms (for use in MOSS)

Hi everyone, I have searched for this in the forum and only found solutions a bit different. Here is my problem: I have to have the form viewable in the browser, so I can't insert any custom code. I need a link to an attachement that would be in a document center, and would love to have this a little user friendly. So I thought there would be a better way than copy pasting a link into the form, so if there is a way could you please let me know? Else, if I have to make the users copy/paste the link, how can I store the different links within my form? Thank you for your help. Let me know if you need any more info. Olivier.
  • 11-24-2009 02:49 AM In reply to

Re: Attachments links in Infopath Forms (for use in MOSS)

Hi, anyone has any suggestion?
  • 11-24-2009 03:55 AM In reply to

Hi Olivier,

Your scenario is not clear. How are the documents being uploaded to the document center? If they are uploaded by some external or manual process, then the only solution is for people to copy and paste the URL. If you need more than one URL simply use a repeating table.

If you want your form itself to allow users to upload a document, then you should check out qRules, and specifically the SaveToSharepoint command.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 11-24-2009 04:31 AM In reply to

Hi Ernesto, thank you for your help. Yes my problem is that users usually already have uploaded documents to a SharePoint library. So the "dream" feature would be to browse within the library and select a document, which would then add a link in the form to this specific document. As this does not seem to be possible, I assume that a "Save to SharePoint" feature would be great, with also a place to store links to documents. So I will try to use a repeating table to store the links, not sure how to do that but will figure it out. If you have time, can you let me know if my "dream feature" is do-able? Also, using qRules, can I keep the form browser-enabled ? Thanks a lot for your help. Olivier.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.