Is there any way of prohibiting a change to the field after a value has been entered? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Is there any way of prohibiting a change to the field after a value has been entered?

Last post 06-16-2022 04:05 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2022 02:52 PM

Is there any way of prohibiting a change to the field after a value has been entered?

I have two fields where I want to record the date and time. This will be done through a button which has an action to set the fields equal to now(). The button does its job but I don't want anyone to be able to update a new date after the first time a date was entered. Is there anyway to do this?
  • 06-16-2022 04:05 PM In reply to

Re: Is there any way of prohibiting a change to the field after a value has been entered?

You could add a formatting rule for this - but I think if you want the user to use a button, you may just not want to display the date time controls at all - use calculated values instead. Then they click the button and the data is populated. You can disable or hide the button once there is data in the field. I'm attaching a sample form with a couple ideas - save the form locally. Right click the saved file and select Design. Then you can preview and see how it works.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.