Repeating Section and History Value in Sharepoint List Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating Section and History Value in Sharepoint List Form

Last post 01-18-2022 08:40 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2022 11:01 PM

Repeating Section and History Value in Sharepoint List Form

Hi, I created a list in SharePoint and clicked "Customize Form" and started designing the form. I want to have a "Status Audit trail" and "Comments Audit Trail" similar to the attached Example form. My questions are - 1. I can't find Repeating Section in the Controls tab and I don't know how to have the History fields. 2. How I can enable multiple attachments in the sharepoint list form? Also I really don't understand why - If I create the list in SharePoint directly and click “Customize Form”, there will be no repeating sections/tables in the Controls tab; But if I create a new SharePoint list form and a SharePoint list in InfoPath Designer 2013 and I choose "Manage multiple list items with this form", there will be no non-repeating sections/tables! Thanks a lot in advance!
  • 01-18-2022 07:45 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating Section and History Value in Sharepoint List Form

Hi - so the controls available in list forms is a subset of the controls available in a library form - because the list data structure limits the types of controls that can be used. If you drag the repeating History element onto your form, you should be given the option to insert a repeating section - you should also be able to right click the repeating History element in the fields task pane and have an option of controls you can insert.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-18-2022 07:54 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Thanks for your kind reply. The picture is from a form that I am trying to imitate. In my own form, I can’t find the History fields so I want to know how I can create the History field. Thank You!
  • 01-18-2022 08:00 AM In reply to

Ah hah! Now I understand. In your list, you need to turn on versioning. Then you need a multi-line field with "append changes" selected - see attached. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-18-2022 08:35 AM In reply to

It Works!!! Thank you so much Hilary! Now I have the history fields. I have another question about the form format. The form looks nice in Infopath Designer preview mode, but it changed if I open it in the sharepoint website. The text become much smaller and the cells become longer. It is not a big deal but I wonder if there is a way to fix this. See attachment as an example. Many thanks!
  • 01-18-2022 08:40 AM In reply to

Do you have multiple views in the form? I'm asking because in your screenshots, the titles on the tops of the page are different, leading me to wonder if these are the same form / same view. Also the same fields / controls aren't present? There are sometimes issues with rendering in InfoPath Forms Services (the browser piece), and usually I just have to sort of tinker with the layout tables and republish to get it to behave. Sometimes I just remove all formatting from the layout table and re-add it and that will work.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.