Repeating Table W/ Multiple Drop Down Selection Becomes Slow To Operate - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating Table W/ Multiple Drop Down Selection Becomes Slow To Operate

Last post 02-16-2021 08:33 AM by Shaun. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2021 01:19 AM

• Shaun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2018
    • Posts 9

Repeating Table W/ Multiple Drop Down Selection Becomes Slow To Operate

Hi,

Apologies, I was not sure if this would be in InfoPath board or a data connection problem.

I have an info path form running on 2013 that opens from a SharePoint site on the desk top. This has multiple repeating tables each connected to a SharePoint list that are hidden to allow the user to add in or remove if applicable. All the tables work fine (i.e. service attached), no matter how many lines are added apart from two "Hire Tables, also attached", which are a little more complicated.

The heading for the hire are "Description" / "ESN Code" / "Price" / "No.Days" / "Qty" / "Total Qty" / "Total".

The description is selected first which has 4x prices available. The price is then populated by the ESN code selected. The Number of days and qty is input by the user and then the form calculates the total qty and total.

Problem - When either of the hire tables are inserted and more than 5 lines are added, this has a huge effect on the form operating. every single addition of data takes longer and longer. When 30 lines are added this could be 1-2min awaiting the form to refresh even if the lines are left blank. This includes inputting data to No.Days and Qty. It is like it is trying to save or backup or cross check the data online each time something is done.

Is there a way or method of speeding this up so the form just runs off the desktop and then refresh all the data at the end once saved to an online list instead of trying to refresh every single time?

Or Is this solely because of the cascading drop down? It is only the two tables with cascading drop down that appear to have this issue.

It appears to only let me upload 1x item at a time so i have uploaded the hire table that is making the form slow down. The service is the same but without the following headers: "ESN Code" / "No.Days" / "Total Qty".
    Thanks

Shaun
  • 02-16-2021 07:46 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating Table W/ Multiple Drop Down Selection Becomes Slow To Operate

Do any of your dropdowns have the checkbox to show only unique values checked?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-16-2021 08:02 AM In reply to

• Shaun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2018
    • Posts 9

Thanks for coming back so quick,

Yes, the description drop down does, this is the only way I could figure how to make the list work at the time.

So on the SharePoint list the description is repeated 4x, each with a different ESN code and a price. An example is shown below.

I am assuming that this is the problem? Is there a way to work this better?

Thanks

Shaun
  • 02-16-2021 08:08 AM In reply to

First I'd verify this is the problem - but it is one I've seen before. Do you see the same issue when you preview the form? If so - deselect that option and preview the form and see if this fixes it. Worst case, you can create a single list for the distinct descriptions and make that a lookup on your other list....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-16-2021 08:33 AM In reply to

• Shaun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2018
    • Posts 9

Thanks,

That's the ticket, I will have a play around making a new list with just the descriptions required and then re-format the ESN drop down if required, as the descriptions will match I have a feeling this will not be required as they will equal each other. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.