Workflow not publishing due to variables in email body - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Workflow not publishing due to variables in email body

Last post 11-16-2020 01:26 PM by Lori Conaway. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2020 08:06 AM

Workflow not publishing due to variables in email body

I have a 2010 workflow that is throwing an error - unexpected error on server associating the workflow. The only time I get this error is when I select a current item from the list to be included in the body of the email. If I put it in the subject line, it works fine. If I just put plain text in the body it publishes fine. Has anyone else had this issue? The other weird thing is that I have several steps (most all of them) that are working just fine. Thanks
  • 11-09-2020 03:07 PM In reply to

Re: Workflow not publishing due to variables in email body

Do you get any additional details in the error message on this? This is published to an on-prem SharePoint server, correct? When you say you have several steps that are working fine - are these also sending emails with values from the current item in the body? Do you have access to the SharePoint ULS logs, or would your SharePoint admin be willing to check them for more detail?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-09-2020 03:34 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply! There are no additional details on the error message. The other steps do have values in them. My SharePoint ADM was looking at the logs but I have not heard back from him yet. I will follow up with him. Please let me know if you have any ideas as this makes no sense. :) Also, I'm not copying and pasting anything as sometimes that seems to screw things up. Thanks again!
  • 11-09-2020 03:57 PM In reply to

Do you have the same issue if you set a variable to the value you'd like in the email body? Just thinking in terms of a work-around - i.e., try setting a variable to the current item value you want and using that in the email body.....Do the other steps have values from the same field you are using in the email body that causes the issue?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-16-2020 01:26 PM In reply to

Thanks Hilary! At this point I am just going to create a new workflow for this. If I create a new one, it publishes fine, I think the old one is just corrupted and it's too hard to debug. It will take me just as long to create a new one I think. I appreciate your help!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.