Unable to introduce new sections into list based form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Unable to introduce new sections into list based form

Last post 02-20-2020 12:44 AM by welshartnow. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2020 07:03 AM

Unable to introduce new sections into list based form

I have created a simple list within Sharepoint 2016 then open the edit form within Infopath. I wish to add new sections to regroup my fields but no matter what I do I cannot seem to create new sections i sthe underlying form locked down in some way? Thank you for any advice regarding this issue
  • 02-18-2020 07:49 AM In reply to

Re: Unable to introduce new sections into list based form

In a test list form, I was able to select "Section" from the controls and it was added to my form and bound to the SharePointListItem_RW node. What are you trying and what is happening when you try?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-19-2020 12:16 AM In reply to

Thank you for your response Hilary, yes this is my experience if I add multiple sections they all seem to be bound to the list group container(SharePointListItem_RW node). I was expecting them to show as separate groups in which I could rearrange the list fields but it does wish to play ball! The main thing for me is that I can add/hide sections which is my requirement it just seems that the fields that I move into my new sections do not seem to belong to it, but this is not an issue.
  • 02-19-2020 09:14 AM In reply to

Exactly - it is a little confusing, but you can bind the section even to a field in the data source, and go ahead and move your fields into the section, then add your conditions - InfoPath will keep track of the XPath to everything for you. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-20-2020 12:44 AM In reply to

Thank you for your help much appreciated
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.