Infopath form with multiple SQL tables. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath form with multiple SQL tables.

Last post 10-05-2017 03:57 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2017 11:16 AM

Infopath form with multiple SQL tables.

Hi All,

I am new to InfoPath. Got some requirements from my users. Stuck at few. Didn't get much help on web but found this portal where InfoPath champs are sharing there valueable feedbacks and suggestions. Any help will be much appreciated.

Let me explain my requirement step by step. Please let me know if some one can help me on them.

Form1: In the below Form user can enter a location and select applicable parameters for those locations via check boxes. For example for Location 07 Header(row 1 in form) only Grav, Methanol and Avg BHP values are checked. So once the form is submitted the corresponding Location gets entered into SQL server table (say table 1) shown in right (Applicable parameters will have value 1 and not applicable parameters will have value NULL)

Form 2: form2 will show the Location that we configured in Form1 via a dropdown list box and the applicable parameters as text box, where users can submit the values.The submitted values will be saved in a SQL server table (Say table 2, shown in right).

My first requirement: The value that is greyed in below form, should be grayed dynamically based on the values that we configured in Form 1/Table1. For Example for Location 07 Header, if you see Form1 S&W and Methanol is unchecked/Null. So in form2 it should be dynamically greyed out and users should not be able to enter the values. (Currently I have done this in form2 for each location manually)

Requirement 2:  This requirement is also in Form2. Users need 5 comment boxes at the end of each parameter as shown below in red text.

On click of submit, data should be saves in DB corresponding to each location. in the table2. Table 2 will have 5 new columns for each comment

For example if user enters comment in comment box for API Gravity as "XYZ" then in Table2  I will add one more column Comment API Gravity and that XYZ should be shown for All 5 locations as shown below (right hand side.)

Requirement 3: Using the same table and columns shown in step 2/ Table2. I want to create a form that should look some thing like this

Thanks & Regards,

Shilpa 

• 10-05-2017 02:33 PM In reply to

Re: Infopath form with multiple SQL tables.

Under the Options tab in a reply you can add a file with screenshots - currently your screenshots don't display. If you need your form to submit to SQL, you will either need to start with a database bound template, or you can use code or web services (write your own or buy a 3rd party) to do that.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-05-2017 03:52 PM In reply to

Attaching your Word doc w/ screenshots & description.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-05-2017 03:57 PM In reply to

It seems like your requirement to disable some fields (and format them) could be done with conditional formatting rules. You'd need a secondary data connection to the first table so you could check & see what the values are for the given item. Based on your screenshot for your second requirement, I'd guess you just need to add a field to your table for comments. If you must format it like your screenshot, with the comments outside of the repeating table, you could probably add multiple instances of the field & use conditional formatting again. In terms of your third form - you should be able to filter the returned data on date. Built in SQL query functions aren't going to let you query for a range - if you are just looking for equivalence, you should be able to query for that. I really think you may want to try to break this large request down into some smaller questions on just pieces you are having specific trouble with - you'll be more likely to get helpful answers. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.