GetUserCollection - "Unable to create a schema" - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

GetUserCollection - "Unable to create a schema"

Last post 03-27-2012 11:19 AM by adiel. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2011 06:19 AM

• Rae
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 08-31-2011
    • Posts 20

GetUserCollection - "Unable to create a schema"

I've tried Googling the problem and got nothing helpful, and this is my first time trying to use a web service, so bear with me.

I'm trying to follow an approximation of the steps found here.

The difference is that instead of getting the name of the current SharePoint user, I want to get the total list of users. I thought GetUserCollection would be the way to go.

However, on the screen in the wizard for "Set Sample Value," I can't seem to figure out what counts as valid data for tns:userLoginNamesXml, which is the only parameter.

Please help me figure out what to enter - or if there's another approach I should be taking.

I'm using InfoPath 2003 and SharePoint 2007 WSS.

Thanks,
    Rae

Edit:
    I forgot to add the actual details of the error!

"InfoPath was unable to create a schema from the results of the Web service call."

Under "Details" it says:
    "The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.
    Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1."

Another Edit:

If there's a better way to get a list of users, let me know...I want to put this list in a dropdown and if GetUserCollection does not have a repeating field, this isn't going to work anyway. Thanks!

• 03-27-2012 11:19 AM In reply to

• adiel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-27-2012
    • Posts 1

Re: GetUserCollection - "Unable to create a schema"

Rae, the GetUserCollection requires that you specify what users you want to retrieve using the parameter. There is another method called GetAllUserCollectionFromWeb that will do what you are looking for and does not require any parameters. It will retrieve the entire user list for that website. More Info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms772661(v=office.12).aspx Adiel
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.