Browser enabled? And is there is sample for multiple files - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Browser enabled? And is there is sample for multiple files

Last post 04-30-2009 10:33 AM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2009 11:07 AM

Browser enabled? And is there is sample for multiple files

Hello!  Is there any way to make this work for browser enabled forms? 

Also, regardless of whether or not you can make it for browser enabled, could you provide an example of how to upload multiple files at the same time?  I'm a newbie at infopath still and like the step by step instructions whenever possible.

Another thing I would like is the ability to delete attachments.  Users will be editing these forms over time and will want to replace attachments with new ones as things change.

Oh and I just remembered a fourth thing!  Could I send another field with the file to be stored in the document library.  For example, every file will be associated with a contract #.  In other views, I would want to be able to pull files for a certain contract without having to open the infopath form.

If all of this is too complicated and if you think I should just make the users go directly to the sharepoint doc library to upload/delete and manage their contract files, please lt me know. 

Thanks!!

Filed under: ,
  • 04-30-2009 10:33 AM In reply to

Re: Browser enabled? And is there is sample for multiple files

Hi VivaSuzi and thanks for the qRules questions!

We haven't tested this with the browser-enabled forms. One of the challenges with browser-enabling is that forms with code (and qRules is a code module that you inject in your form) require admin deploy. It's slightly more complicated, but not hard. Microsoft is making this simpler in the next release of SharePoint.

Uploading multiple file *attachments* or uploading multiple XML files? The former is supported. See: http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/qrules/entry40104.aspxFor the latter, we do have tools that support uploading multiple XML files to SharePoint via our DBXL SharePoint/SQL accelerator product. We call this tool Doc Deployer or Document Migration Tool. There should be some posts on it in the forum. You can use the new Google search for InfoPathDev to find stuff more easily: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=003654972516704994317%3A4j0mji2l1rq&ie=UTF-8&q=Document+Deployer+Migration+Tool&sa=Search

Deleting attachments could be done if they are just an XML node in a repeating section. But, I thought attachments weren't supported for browser-enabled forms. Once again, I think the story gets better in the next release, but that's "out there". If you are using the image attachment commands to upload from a rich client form, you could definitely delete these, but the images will still persist on SharePoint. We could add separate functionality to delete the images from SharePoint as well.

Saving a contract # for the uploaded file attachments can be done but woudl require some custom coding. qRules doesn't support that scenario out-of-the-box. Custom coding is slightly more difficult with qRules because it is a code module itself. With DBXL, you can save the separate file attachments or images as XML containers and you could easily extend those to have the contract # as a promoted property. With just stock file attachments and images, you would have to write code to set a custom column. Not hard, but probably an hour or two of consulting work.

We will add a feature case to our database for the testing in browser-enabled forms. Aside from that, the other stuff isn't too complicated but you may need a little programming help. We would be happy to assist you with your custom programming needs, or continue answering questions in the forum.

Best,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.