Is there a How to for SavetoSharepoint command ? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Is there a How to for SavetoSharepoint command ?

Last post 04-26-2009 06:33 AM by jborean. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2009 12:33 PM

Is there a How to for SavetoSharepoint command ?

Is there a how to video or document on how to use SavetoSharepoint command in qrules? I am looking for step by step.

regards

Sharpey

Sharpey
    Filed under:
  • 03-28-2009 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a How to for SavetoSharepoint command ?

Hi Sharpey,

Welcome to the forum!

We have made a document available that details the steps on how to use the SaveToSharePoint qRules command. You can download the document here. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the document, and I'd be glad to assist you.

Cheers!

Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Filed under: ,
  • 03-30-2009 01:50 PM In reply to

Thanks very much for the Document. I keep getting security errors in IP locally... once I upload to SP the form will not function.

Do qrules need to be activated or something ?

Sharpey
  • 03-30-2009 03:39 PM In reply to

Hi,

What kind of security errors do you get specifically? Does your form have code? If so, I regret to say that qRules won't work for coded solutions. Please refer to the qRules User Guide. Also, I recommend using the latest version of qRules which is v1.6. You can download it here. I suggest try it in a blank new form first and see if it works in your SharePoint. Otherwise, we might be doing something wrong. Please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-31-2009 07:26 AM In reply to

Thanks again. I have created a new form as  in the documentation provided.Published to a forms library. I created a separate library for attachments. When I use the button in the form "execute" on the local machine in preview mode in IP I receive the below error. If I upload the form and run from the server nothing happens and an error is not received. I have also updated to qrules v1.6. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Thank-you for your time.

System.Security.SecurityException
    Request failed.
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.MsxmlNavigator.IsValidNode(MsxmlNode test)
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.MsxmlNavigator.MoveToFirstChild()
       at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathChildIterator.MoveNext()
       at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.ChildrenQuery.Advance()
       at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.AttributeQuery.Advance()
       at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathSelectionIterator.MoveNext()
       at System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator.SelectSingleNode(XPathExpression expression)
       at System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator.SelectSingleNode(String xpath)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand(Application application, XmlFormHostItem formHost, XPathNavigator commandsNavigator)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.FormCode.QdabraRules__Command_Changed(Object sender, XmlEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Internal.XmlEventHost.GenericProxy(Object genericDelegate, DataDOMEvent dataDOMEvent, InfoPathEvents type)
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Internal.XmlEventHost.ChangedProxy(DataDOMEvent dataDOMEvent)
       at Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust._DataDOMEventSink_SinkHelper.OnAfterChange(DataDOMEvent pDataDOMEvent)
    Sharpey
  • 03-31-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

Can you provide the command string you are using?

• 03-31-2009 12:25 PM In reply to

Thanks and here is the command string in use in button

SaveToSharePoint /url=http://server/kb/test /xpath=/my:myFields/my:Image

Sharpey
  • 04-24-2009 06:10 AM In reply to

Similar issue as two other users here...

I am having a similar error... it's been a while. Any clues on this one yet?

Action: SaveToSharePoint
     Arguments: System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]
     Details: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.WebPermission. System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
    Stack:   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)
       at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest..ctor(Uri uri, ServicePoint servicepoint
       at System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri)
       at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase)
       at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SaveFileToSharepoint(String& base64Value, String& url)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SaveToSharepoint(String url, String domName, String nodeXPath)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SaveToSharepoint()
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand(Application application, XmlFormHostItemformHost, XPathNavigator commandsNavigator)

This happened in Preview mode... I will try uploading it to a document library on the same site as the library I plan on submitting the attachments too and will report my results.

Here is the value I used for my action on the button: SaveToSharePoint /url=http://www.mydomain.mydomain.mydomain.scom.com/sites/SiteName/Lists/Attachments /xpath=/my:myFields/my:ActionData/my:Attachments/my:AttachFile1

This is a secure military site so I used generic names. I sure hope you have figured this out... :)

• 04-26-2009 06:33 AM In reply to

Re: Similar issue as two other users here...

I went ahead and started from scratch again and have it working on a basic level. I am not sure if or why this would matter, but I built all of my tables and sections first this time and then added my attachment control first (after of course opening and saving a blank form and injecting it). I have kept the attachment as first in my data sources. I then set about adding all of my other controls while testing it each time for continued function... so far, so good.

Now I would just like it to function like the demo video which is showing qRules in action with DBXL rather that SharePoint. I do not like the look of how it functions on a form being used for sharepoint at this time. Maybe I am doing something wrong but here us what I get after clicking the button to send it to SharePoint:

<The Click here to attach a file control is still visible, which is fine because I want it to remain for adding more files>

Q Rules Link: <big long crazy hyperlink>
    Q Rules Filename: <Samebig long crazy hyperlink>

What I want is for there to be a hyperlink with just the file name/type showing just like in the demo. There also came the question for how to organize the file attachments once they get sent to the portal. Would it be possible to have the control send the attachments to a folder in the document library that is created and associated to the form by it own unique identifier/name? Meaning the form gets it's name from a field in the form and all of the attachments are sent to a folder likewise generated the same way rather than just dumping them into a document library with no way of associating all of the files to specific forms. This is particularly an issue when considering portability or backing them up.

Best Regards,

Jason

PS: You were incorrect about the control not working in preview mode... it works just fine.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.