Excel-->Infopath--->Sharepoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Excel-->Infopath--->Sharepoint

Last post 06-12-2008 07:19 AM by Clay Fox. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2008 02:02 AM

Excel-->Infopath--->Sharepoint

Hi,

I have several questions: 

1   I want to create a form which will "upload" an excel file and extract the data from it.

for example:

First Name             Last Name                 Address                                City                   Zip code

Daniel                     Dubois                      42,rue de Chanzy                  Reims                 51100  

Olivier                     Delacroix                   32, rue de Carteret                Paris                   75010  

.....                          ........                        ...................                        .......                    ........

......                        ..........                        ..................                        ........                    .......

The data should be displayed by the form and after should be send to an Sharepoint library     

2 Once I’ve obtained the extracted data from the form i want to query an access database in order to see if the following contacts exist.

The query answer should be send as well to a Sharepoint library. 

This is a schema describing what i'm planning to do.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

P.S Please accept my apologise  for my bad english

Best Regards,

Filip 

Infopath 2007 SP1, Langage: VB
  • 06-11-2008 10:08 AM In reply to

Re: Excel-->Infopath--->Sharepoint

Qdabra has a tool to convert Excel to XML InfoPath documents which then could be used for your data comparison and submit to SharePoint.

You can email their contact email for information.

• 06-12-2008 01:59 AM In reply to

thank you for your advice.

I have one more question. 

In reality before the data being uploaded i have to query a database(MS SQL server) with the datas obtained from the excel file.The result should be displayed in the infopath form AND after send to a sharepoint library in order to be treated by a workflow.

Well  my question is how can i query the database for multiple records by using the infopath form?

for example

on input(from the excel file) 

line1      first name 1          last name1             adress1            zip1               city1
    line2      first name 2          last name2             adress2            zip2               city2
    line3      first name 3          last name3             adress3            zip3               city3

.......        ............            .................                .........            .....                ..... 

on output(the answer from the database) 

line1      first name 1          last name1             adress1            zip1               city1
    line2      first name 2          last name2             adress2            zip2               city2
    line3      first name 3          last name3             adress3            zip3               city3

.......        ............            .................                .........            .....                .....

Infopath 2007 SP1, Langage: VB
  • 06-12-2008 07:19 AM In reply to

An InfoPath form can query as many sources or times as you want.

I would recommend just exporting the data from excel to SQL and if neccessary use SQL as the data store for the spreadsheet going forward.

That would reduce some complexity. I think what you want to do should be doable.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.