Transitory changing information - best way to display without submitting? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Transitory changing information - best way to display without submitting?

Last post 09-13-2007 04:30 PM by Clay Fox. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2007 09:08 AM

Transitory changing information - best way to display without submitting?

Hi - I am using Infopath2007.

I have created a form attached to a sql database running from a Sharepoint document library- all working well.  I would like to display the current solution version on the form,  but I don't want that information written to the DB.  - I need a text field not bound to the main data source to display it in. (I can see several other uses for fields to display this sort of transitory information)  I have read in some other posts, the suggestion of using an xml file as a secondary data source for this.  http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/5793/21730.aspx#21730

I have tried creating a secondary datasource - I can select either receive or submit.
    If I choose submit I don't get xml as an option - so...
    I have chosen receive and pointed to my xml file - but the secondary datasource is read only - so is no use for displaying changing data eg form version. 

What should I have done ?  What is the best way to achieve what I want ?  How do I get a secondary datasource that I can write to ?

Thanks

Catharine

• 09-13-2007 04:30 PM In reply to

Re: Transitory changing information - best way to display without submitting?

With a database type form, you can add fields to the main schema, just not to the query and data nodes.

Right click on the Main in Main Data Source and add either another group or fields.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.