Concat multi-select fields to show in InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Concat multi-select fields to show in InfoPath

Last post 01-11-2022 10:42 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2022 08:25 AM

Concat multi-select fields to show in InfoPath

Hi everyone, I have an infopath form with a cascading multi-select table that will not show up in the SharePoint Library. I found some ideas that 99% work but im stuck at one part. I have created a new text box control and used the below formula in the text box and as a rule in the multi-select box. Formula:eval(eval(group4, 'concat(., ";")'), ".") result Selection1Selection2Selection3; expected result: Selection1;Selection2;Selection3; Any idea why the semi-colon only shows at the end and not after each selection?
  • 01-11-2022 08:37 AM In reply to

Re: Concat multi-select fields to show in InfoPath

Change the end of your formula from "." to ".." ? Is group4 the name of your multi-select field? I would expect the group4 piece in the formula to be the repeating field. All that said - can you not promote the repeating field as merged to your library? Might be simpler than creating a new field.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-11-2022 08:55 AM In reply to

Thanks, the change from "." to ".." did not work. Group4 is the folder name, within the folder is the field "LOB" if i change it to LOB it only shows one at a time and does not list them. Ive heard of making them merged im the library but doesnt that still not use a separator and i also havent been able to find exactly where to do that. I am wondering if its blocked since this is a work application.
  • 01-11-2022 08:58 AM In reply to

Is LOB the repeating field?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-11-2022 09:09 AM In reply to

I dont think i actually have a repeating field. It is a mult-select box with filters to perform the cascading process for another multi-select box. Anything i can attach that would help?
  • 01-11-2022 09:14 AM In reply to

Multi-selects are generally bound to a repeating field. Can you attach your template to a reply under the Options tab?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-11-2022 09:36 AM In reply to

I found the merge option and that might work. Still waiting to hear back. Template attached
  • 01-11-2022 09:48 AM In reply to

Thanks - so I can see that LOB is a repeating field and that you are using a rule on it to set your other field. Instead, I'd consider putting the rule on the submit button. So - before the form is submitted, you can set the helper field with the semicolon delimited list. See the attached sample (the submit button on this form only sets the helper field). Save the attached form locally, right click and select design and then you can preview and check the logic.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-11-2022 10:37 AM In reply to

You are a life saver. Moving the rule to the button worked perfectly, thanks so so much
  • 01-11-2022 10:42 AM In reply to

Fantastic, glad this is sorted! :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.