Form error - default values or rules taking too long to evaluate - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Form error - default values or rules taking too long to evaluate

Last post 10-21-2021 03:05 AM by markikav. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2021 02:31 AM

Form error - default values or rules taking too long to evaluate

Hi InfoPath devs
    I'm looking to optimise a data connection query in my form so I don't get slow load times or the critical error - default values or rules taking too long to evaluate, simplify the expression or reduce the size of the data sets that they depend on.

I have a sharepoint browser form that uses multiple sharepoint lists as data sources, some of these lists had 200+ rows (about 4-5 columns) but now have grown to over 400+ rows and now I see the error.
    I did just let it load all data as the form loads and know this is not optimal so I removed that and put in a button to "Get data".
    This works most of the time, sometimes it does time out, but it is very slow, so I assume there is something else I need to do to make it more efficient?
    This particular data connection I maintain a list of Service Lines plus Scenarios for those Service lines plus the template text response that applies to each scenario plus the audience each scenario applies to.
    example:
    Service Line = Account Closure
    Scenario = How To
    Template Text = IN order to proceed with......
    Audience = Customer
    Priority = 1

So Account Closure Service line would be stated 10 times in the list because it has 10 scenarios etc
    I pull this data into a request form as choices and once Service Line is selected this dictates the available scenarios, which auto populates the Template Text, Audience and Priority fields in the form.
    It all works fine then once the Service Lines are populated because selecting the scenario id filtered based on the Service Line selected.
    So i guess i need to just optimise the initial load for selecting the Service lines , there are about 30-40 Service Lines but the list has 400+ rows
    Any ideas?

Thanks !
  • 10-21-2021 03:05 AM In reply to

Re: Form error - default values or rules taking too long to evaluate

Hi
    I think I have a way via a link Hilary sent previously in another post - https://wonderlaura.com/2011/08/01/infopath-query-specific-sharepoint-list-data/

I have found that these methods always seem to work fine in the InfoPath client but once published to a browser form you don't know what might happen, especially from a performance perspective!
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.