People Picker field query syntax (InfoPath 2013 for SPO list) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

People Picker field query syntax (InfoPath 2013 for SPO list)

Last post 02-12-2020 09:02 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2020 11:08 AM

People Picker field query syntax (InfoPath 2013 for SPO list)

Hello. I am trying to query a Secondary List (8000+ items) using a people picker value from the Main Data Connection, however I am unable to figure out the correct syntax which results in the listview threshold error. I've noticed the Query field (text) for a people picker control is not the same as the Data field (Group) - screenshot attached. I've tried setting the secondary data connection query field to the AccountId of the main data connection people picker field, with no luck.

The end goal is to query for and return items from the secondary data connection related to the person in the people picker field. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

• 02-07-2020 03:32 PM In reply to

Re: People Picker field query syntax (InfoPath 2013 for SPO list)

I did a quick experiment, and with a single select person picker in a list connection, the Display Name worked for me in a query. Give that a try. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-09-2020 12:16 PM In reply to

Very strange. I ran the same test after confirming both lists used identical people picker column settings with no luck. Could you attach a copy of your form? I've attached mine. Thanks very much for your response, Hillary!
  • 02-10-2020 07:59 AM In reply to

Mine isn't a list form - but it works in the browser.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-10-2020 01:41 PM In reply to

Welp, I was able to produce a successful query using people picker fields on a list with under 5000 items, however the same query fails on my list with more than 5000 items. I double checked to ensure the column settings were the same across all lists used, but still no luck.

Very strange. I'm stumped as to why this would affect the query. Any thoughts? Thanks for your response!

• 02-11-2020 08:31 PM In reply to

I was able to resolve my issue with a workaround using a workflow to set a single line of text column in the Secondary Data Connection list to the login ID of the people picker column value. Then, I was able to successfully set the query value to the AccountID of the people picker value in my form. Not the cleanest, but it works!
  • 02-12-2020 09:02 AM In reply to

Sorry I missed your other post - glad you found a work around. It could be that indexing on that field doesn't index the display name? Because I think the field we query on must be indexed once over the list threshold.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.