infopath Query string parameter - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

infopath Query string parameter

Last post 11-25-2019 10:27 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2019 08:31 AM In reply to

Re: infopath Query string parameter

Yes I'm receiving and submitting data in only one library and there is story field (calculated ) i added. In library view it will reflect Story and new story both value save in Story No. Column.
  • 11-22-2019 08:45 AM In reply to

No i didn't tried any implement and my coding is not good Mentioned data connection is used for retrieving data based on Application ID. And it will appear in Third view under summary field. And also same library using for data submit. Now this data connection I'm using and its included story no also.
  • 11-22-2019 11:18 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary Shall i create new list which i will store all the story no. then i need to create a data connection . after that in view 2 story field i need to write form load rule which is connected to this data connection if story No present then display (Formatting) message. Something like this i need to implement?
  • 11-22-2019 11:21 AM In reply to

In your form, you already have promoted StoryNo to the library where you publish and submit the form. As per my earlier descriptions: 1. Add a data connection to the library that includes the StoryNo column, don't run the data connection on load. 2. Add rules to the StoryNo field to set the StoryNo query field in the data connection added in item 1, and then execute the query. 3. Use sections and conditional formatting in the default view to either show controls to fill out when no rows are returned from the query in item 2 or show the user a message.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-22-2019 11:29 AM In reply to

Ok i will try to implement this and update you. Ok
  • 11-23-2019 06:32 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Now i am adding data connection includ StoryNo field. but could you please help me which data connection i've to create submit data or receive data? Thanks
  • 11-23-2019 06:55 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, 1. I have added receive data connection( Name-Test) in library include only StoryNo. 2. In View 2, select story No field a nd click on manage rule, i wrote rule in "Action" as StoryNo is equal to Story No (Select "Story No" from Query Field under Test Data connection). Rule Looks like StoryNo = Story No 3. Now, Run these action i clicked in Add and Select option Query for data and added "Test Data connection" Now i stuck here not understand what to do? please help!
  • 11-25-2019 07:29 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, any updates on this please? Thanks
  • 11-25-2019 07:44 AM In reply to

Can you attach the latest copy of your form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-25-2019 07:54 AM In reply to

i have rollback all the changes which was made on StoryNo field. Now only i have created StoryNo(QueryStringParameter) Data connection is there.
  • 11-25-2019 08:18 AM In reply to

In this copy of your form, I've done the following:

1. Changed your StoryNo. query to not run on form load
    2. Added a rule to the StoryNo field to set the query field in the data connection and run the query
    3. Added sections to your default view to show/hide based on whether rows are returned

The net effect should be that if the story no field is set by the query string parameter, which you have assured me it is, the form will query the library to see if any forms exist for that story number, which you have told me is unique. Hopefully this will be enough to clarify for you. 

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-25-2019 09:33 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, i checked all the changes but when i hitting one storyNo which was already present in library still it accepting and appearing Story No in field instead of getting item already exist.
  • 11-25-2019 09:40 AM In reply to

You'll just need to troubleshoot that. I'd suggest putting the query and data fields on your form for the Story No. connection and a button that runs the query so you can unit test.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-25-2019 10:12 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Yes, i did little troubleshoot and got resolved. Just because of you thank you so much for your help. Really Appreciated!!! Once again Many Thanks!!!!:)
  • 11-25-2019 10:27 AM In reply to

Woot! Glad you got it figured out. Since I don't have access to your data, it is hard to troubleshoot these things on my side - I just have to make my best guesses for the rules. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.