infopath Query string parameter - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

infopath Query string parameter

Last post 11-25-2019 10:27 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2019 10:08 PM

infopath Query string parameter

i've implemented same as https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/infopath/2010/06/03/how-to-pass-querystring-data-into-an-infopath-form/ But when i passing Existing (SP Library )parameter in URL it will again appear fresh infopath form. Trying to implement do not proceed if paramenter already exist in SP library. If so, then simply message will display as this item has already exist.please enter new ID. Thanks
  • 11-21-2019 07:45 AM In reply to

Re: infopath Query string parameter

Have you verified that the query string parameter is being successfully passed? The most likely issue is with your rules, or with your implementation of the blog post. It is impossible to guess without more information, or seeing your form, which you can attach under Options in a reply.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-21-2019 07:56 AM In reply to

Yes i have verified the query string parameters and it is successfully passing Today i passed parameters id= 1 Tomorrow again i pass same Id=1 then it should come error as this item as already exist.
  • 11-21-2019 08:06 AM In reply to

Ok, so if you've verified the query string param is being passed into the form correctly, then the issue is likely in your form load rules. Again, without seeing the form, I can't begin to guess how to help you.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-21-2019 08:12 AM In reply to

Ok ok i will attach here my infopath form in 30 mins is it ok?
  • 11-21-2019 08:22 AM In reply to

Sure. I'll try to take a look at the rules sometime today.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-21-2019 09:08 AM In reply to

i have attached my form here. please have look and let me know where i need to do changes. Thanks
  • 11-21-2019 03:56 PM In reply to

I'm sorry - didn't have a chance today - I'll try to take a look tomorrow. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-21-2019 06:37 PM In reply to

Ok
  • 11-22-2019 07:04 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, please,Any chance to check today?
  • 11-22-2019 07:44 AM In reply to

You are passing in the ID, and you have verified that ID is being set? You have put the ID field in your form (is that where you are passing the ID?) on the form, and verified it has a value? Based on your initial post, I think that what you are saying is if the ID is populated via parameter, you don't want the user to fill out the form? I would actually kind of expect your ID field to have a rule to set the query ID field in your library data connection, then query, then do something if any rows are returned.... can you describe what your desired outcome is?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-22-2019 07:57 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Open view 2 Actually i have passing parameters in URL is Story No. Not ID. And i have set story no. In Query string parameters. When i manually pass in url like "?StoryNo=1" then only it will reflect in view 2 Story No. Field.
  • 11-22-2019 08:03 AM In reply to

Ok, so you are passing in your query field to StoryNo, but there aren't any rules on StoryNo? So, again, what are you trying to achieve? Because I don't see any rules doing anything here. Is StoryNo unique? If so, you could promote it to the library, then when the param is passed in, you could query the library for any rows that match, and add logic to do something to block the user.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-22-2019 08:10 AM In reply to

Yes, there is no rules in story field. And story No. Is unique. And this story field textbox is read only. Every item has unique story no. If item stored in library Story No= 1 and again i want to pass in url "? Story No=1" that itime something will come and don't allow to fill form it have to block or something.
  • 11-22-2019 08:23 AM In reply to

Ok, so it sounds like you haven't tried to implement any logic at all around this yet. Is that correct? I see a data connection called "SiteMinder Protected Applications Receiving Data Connection" in your form - it appears to be to the same library the form is submitted to. If you aren't using it for anything else right now in your form, you could re-use that - but it needs to have the StoryNo field included. If you are using it already, add another data connection to the library. The connection must include the StoryNo. The connection should not run when the form loads. On the StoryNo field, add a rule that if StoryNo is not blank, set the StoryNo Query field in the data connection in the library to the StoryNo field in the form. Run the query. You can't switch views in a form on field change, but you could put the controls in one section and a message in another section and use conditional formatting to show / hide the sections based on whether the data connection returns any rows.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.