How to display Field city (Drop-Down) value to Field B (Textfield) in infopath? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to display Field city (Drop-Down) value to Field B (Textfield) in infopath?

Last post 10-24-2019 10:51 PM by Netaji J. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-22-2019 08:58 AM

How to display Field city (Drop-Down) value to Field B (Textfield) in infopath?

I have a infopath form. In that i have created two fiels: 1. City field (Drop-Down) 2. B Field (TextField) If i select "Others" options from City field (Drop-Down) then B Field (TextField) appear to allow enter city name. i am trying to B Field (TextField) value display in City field (Next view) instead of "Others" Thanks
  • 10-22-2019 11:00 AM In reply to

Re: How to display Field city (Drop-Down) value to Field B (Textfield) in infopath?

Maybe just use conditional formatting? So, if city = Other, hide the city field and if city != Other, hide the user entered field?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-22-2019 11:26 PM In reply to

Re: How to display Field city (Drop-Down) value to Field B (Textfield) in infopath?

Hi Hilary, Actually, no the requirement is both will be there. and ther Field Value will be store in City Fields so it will be reflect in list. City: Others, 1,2,3- if select -others- Field B is appear- enter number -Submit- next view CITY=Others reflecting and reflecting in list same (CITY=Others)
  • 10-23-2019 04:20 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, i used rule that formatting CITY=Others-Hide the CITY drop-down -when i submit then -in second view City=Others are showing .
  • 10-23-2019 07:51 AM In reply to

Sorry, I don't understand. Can you attach your form to a reply under the options tab? Or maybe attach a screenshot that shows the issue?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-23-2019 12:05 PM In reply to

Ok trying to explain you briefly. View-1 On city (drop down) i applied formatting rule "city= others" then hidethis control. Field B will appear. We enter data and click submit. View-2 After submit it will redirect to view -2. There City control i repeated to display the value but there showing others. I'm trying it will try to save B field value save in city field.
  • 10-23-2019 01:56 PM In reply to

On fieldB add a rule to set City to the value of fieldB? Or use submit rules, and prior to submitting the form, set the City field to the value of fieldb if City = Others?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-24-2019 02:59 AM In reply to

can we user same controls in more than one form? eg: Form1 A (Textbox) B (Drop-Down) C (Textbox) Form2 Same A,B,C can we apply in this form? wanted to publish both form in one library is is possible? - as per my knowledge yes using content type. but when i publish form1 then both content type it is opening form1 only
    Filed under:
  • 10-24-2019 03:46 AM In reply to

User*-Use
  • 10-24-2019 03:51 AM In reply to

it working but unfortunately my others rules are shuffled
  • 10-24-2019 07:34 AM In reply to

I don't think I can help you without seeing your rules. Feel free to attach a copy of your form under the Options tab in a reply.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-24-2019 10:51 PM In reply to

ok today i will share with you.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.