Do Info-Path Forms really need the Check in Check out strategy ? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Do Info-Path Forms really need the Check in Check out strategy ?

Last post 03-11-2019 12:48 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-11-2019 10:52 AM

Do Info-Path Forms really need the Check in Check out strategy ?

I think that Infopath-Form is dynamic documents that no problem will happen if many users edit at the same time also editing will be invited by a task assigned in the workflow. Unlikely any documents in a document library where confusion could happen if many users try to edit in same time. this is my imagination, is that right? Or Forms in form library still need the check in check out modes of editing?
    Filed under:
  • 03-11-2019 11:18 AM In reply to

Re: Do Info-Path Forms really need the Check in Check out strategy ?

I am not sure I understand your question. If you are saying that you have a form users will only be using from a link in t workflow - then you aren't likely to need to have users check forms out to edit them. If these are form library forms and your users fill them out in the browser, you may want to consider adding check in / out, since the person who saves last wins in this scenario - the existing form will be overwritten (although some of this behavior depends on how your form is configured - if you are allowing submit to overwrite, if you are allowing save, etc).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-11-2019 11:41 AM In reply to

Thank you for your helpful answer, and yes this what I mean. * now check in or out relating somehow to versioning? , I mean if I turn to the version on this will make it better and easy to retrieve older version if thing going bad or mistaken. * in your opinion, can I control the check-in out through a workflow? I want this because I have hundreds of users and some may not follow the check-in / out concept and then the situation may be confused about why the data didn't save correctly. >>>>>>> I mean controlling by a workflow that no one has any option to do check in -out manually the workflow do it for every user. Thanks in advance
  • 03-11-2019 12:48 PM In reply to

I don't think it is possible to check a file out with SharePoint workflow. If you turn on versioning, you can roll back to a prior version, so that may be more useful in your scenario.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.