Do Info-Path Forms really need the Check in Check out strategy ? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Do Info-Path Forms really need the Check in Check out strategy ?

Last post 04-04-2019 12:50 PM by DerekS. 25 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2019 10:14 AM In reply to

Re: Do Info-Path Forms really need the Check in Check out strategy ?

Thank you DerekS , I will read these chapters from this book . and the form with calculating filed giving the actual approval final status . I just use workflow to only assign task and remind ppl if they are late and to shut the task if the person did a decision in the form it self .

Thanks  

• 04-03-2019 10:26 AM In reply to

Hilary ,

The first condition in the blosg is : if Check-out-to is not blank .  Why we want to checkout the file if there is some name in the checkout field .

may be you mean that if check-out to is blank , right !!! 

• 04-03-2019 10:33 AM In reply to

No, she means Checked_Out_To is not blank. Because the rule is running upon the form being opened (Form Load), you want to make sure you're getting a form that isn't already checked out to another user.  

• 04-03-2019 10:41 AM In reply to

here is the error while trying to open the form after applying the steps in the blog

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QSpiz-1qo6j7rSTPhXr4qwY23RGW1FhX 

• 04-03-2019 11:06 AM In reply to

Ok, a web service warning is typically a connection issue. I get it a lot when I use User Profile data connections here at work. It's intermittent, so tough to track down sometimes.

That said, the Log ID and Correlation ID should tell you exactly what the issue is, if you have admin rights on the server. I have local admin rights, but not to my server farm, so I can't check mine personally. 

• 04-03-2019 11:30 AM In reply to

ok , but finally it works only when i apply actions with no conditions at all becaus ethe condition checkoutt is not blank doesnt work . after i found the file checked out atuomaticalli , now i can't check it back in . probably the sharepoint understood that it is locally , here is the image for this error while i was trying to check in https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ck_uakw2tWIeHslWvasDnpC4TB2-Dmh9
  • 04-03-2019 11:40 AM In reply to

From the looks of it, every headache you are getting is due to the check-in/check-out implementation. Humor me. Create another copy of the form, (make sure you edit the Data Connections and Publish it to a different Library so you don't overwrite your existing stuff, dump the check-in/out, and simply hide or disable fields based on the view or the user that is currently using the form. I'm willing to bet a pack of bubblegum it'll probably work better.

I've never used check-in/out with a workflow. To me personally, it's like using a jackhammer to put a tack in the wall to hang a calendar. ;) If I use check in/out, it's on pages or documents, not forms. Too many moving parts for forms. Just one non-expert's opinion.

Ok, got a meeting to go to. Good luck and just try it. 

• 04-04-2019 05:10 AM In reply to

Hello Hilary and DerekS,

Now every thing works fine but without conditions to checkout on opening the form.

and I have button to close and check in the file .  this button works fine for me and any owner but it gives me an error for other users " correlation error contact your farm administrator "

the link for this error photo : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jhm_FGERK2fJWZlJ2xZj-zi6Z46uBQvO

Please help how to get rid of this error which appear only in case or normal user " contribute - no delete" open the form and try to click on check-in and close. 

• 04-04-2019 08:02 AM In reply to

Is the form actually being checked out? Your first sentence says that you don't have conditions to check out on opening the form - are you having the user check out via a button or something? At any rate - for that Critical Error, you'll probably need to have your SharePoint Admin check the ULS logs so you can see what the error actually is in order to troubleshoot it.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-04-2019 12:44 PM In reply to

Hello Hilary,

thanks for reply.  yes the checkout works on form load without any conditions .  And the check out field cannot be override if any other person open the file . the check it as well with no condition but it happen with button not form load :D

I did contacted my admin and we found that the check-in activity consider as delete level , so we changed this user to be "contribute permission" instead of "contribute-no delete permission"  and this was enough to make it work for every one who has at least contribute level .

Thanks again for you and for  Dereks for your help and patience in supporting me step by step.

• 04-04-2019 12:50 PM In reply to

So glad to hear that you have it working. It can be difficult, sometimes it takes a second set of eyes that are familiar with the system to see things that we don't because we've been staring at it for days on end. :)

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.