Different Invoice Number for different products - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Different Invoice Number for different products

Last post 03-26-2019 11:22 AM by Fatihteke. 37 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-11-2019 12:16 PM In reply to

Re: Different Invoice Number for different products

No need to apologize. I'm saying that you don't need "List 2". Updating a SharePoint list from an InfoPath form is tricky - there isn't an out of the box way to do what you want. Instead of using List 2, promote the product number from list 1 (selected product in your InfoPath form to the library the form submits to) and also promote the invoice number. Add a data connection in your form to the library the form submits to. Then attach a copy of your form to a reply and I can show you how to set up the rest of the logic.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-12-2019 02:38 AM In reply to

Please teach me how can i do it :( I hate myself why i couldn't imagine it :(
  • 03-12-2019 07:53 AM In reply to

Did you look at the steps in the template I updated for you? I added steps to it to help you. What of those steps doesn't make sense?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-12-2019 12:45 PM In reply to

Hello Hilary, I read your description in file which you uploaded. I try it but i am not good to do it. I try different. But it not change the present line. it create new one. If i can change present line maybe i can use it. I upload new sample
  • 03-12-2019 02:35 PM In reply to

I'm confused. Your latest sample here is a list form. Are you creating a list form? Or a library form? Wasn't the initial sample form you gave me a library form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-13-2019 12:24 PM In reply to

Actually I need a form. But i cannot update list items in a form. The form create new item to list. I am not good in infopath that's why i try to list form for update list item. I think so i cannot do that :(
  • 03-18-2019 12:13 PM In reply to

Hello Hilary I choice a different method. I create 10 different forms. and each forms use their ID for invoice number. for example: for my first product invoice number is ID+122 , for my second product ID+35 etc. its not simple and good way. I know its very hard way but i have to :(
  • 03-21-2019 01:21 PM In reply to

Hello Again Hilary, How can i colums promote ? I want to try it please
  • 03-21-2019 02:53 PM In reply to

When you publish the form to SharePoint (not quick publish, but walk through the publish wizard) you can select columns to promote to your library.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-22-2019 09:48 AM In reply to

is this screen ?
  • 03-22-2019 09:52 AM In reply to

Yes. The top section.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-22-2019 11:05 AM In reply to

Hello Hilary You are the best :)) I create it like this. It works for me. Its ok :) Only I cannot understand product type section. Thats why i will create 10 different form for each product type :) Realy thank you for your help. Best regards
  • 03-22-2019 11:17 AM In reply to

In your latest form, field18 is the product number, so in that case in your "Get Product Number" rules, you'd set the query field18 in the Teklif No Form to the selected Product Number. I've added that rule to this form, just in case I've guessed correctly. Save the file locally, right click and preview. Enter an existing product number (something that is in your library already) and then click your Get Product Number button - that should return only the data from the library where the product number matches. Then it gets the max and adds 1. If there is no data that matches, you'll get NaN - and then you can set it to 1.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-22-2019 11:33 AM In reply to

Hello Hilary, I am sorry my mistake. Field 18 is Product Type. It can be 01,02,03... to 10. Each product Type has their own different Product number. That's why if Product Type is equal 01, than "Product Number" must be "max product number for 01" I mean i have 10 different Product Type and all of them have different Product number.
  • 03-22-2019 11:49 AM In reply to

Ok. Did you try entering one of those values (01, 02, etc) in the Product Type field and clicking the button? Do you have any forms submitted in your library?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.