SendEmail command and repeating groups - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SendEmail command and repeating groups

Last post 05-23-2018 12:58 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2018 02:41 PM

SendEmail command and repeating groups

Hey Gang. I want to send emails to a group of users from a repeating group. My question is, do I need to handle this at the RG level or can I do this command from the button itself and get them each an email? I was thinking of just having the button set a Boolean field within the repeating group, then have that field fire the command for the emails per row. Thoughts? Advice?
    Filed under: ,
  • 05-22-2018 02:53 PM In reply to

Re: SendEmail command and repeating groups

So - you want to send a separate email to each? Or aggregate the "to" email addresses and send one email? If you need to send one email per row, your idea is the right one - add a field for the rule to the repeating group, set it to 1 from your button, execute the rule (and then reset it afterward in case you need to send again!)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-22-2018 04:01 PM In reply to

Love the reset idea! I thought so, however what if I did want to aggregate and just send one email to all? I like to have my options open... Also, is it possible to set the "Priority" of an outlook email via this command?
  • 05-22-2018 04:11 PM In reply to

If you want to aggregate the addresses you can use the DelimitedList command (or a double eval, up to you) to concatenate your email addresses with a semicolon. We don't have the option to set priority, I'm afraid - it will just go out as "normal" priority.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-22-2018 04:33 PM In reply to

Is that becausea qRules doesn't have the command switch, or that Outlook doesn't allow a programmatic approach to do so?
  • 05-22-2018 05:47 PM In reply to

Because we don't have it in the command - there is no param for that. It's a great idea tho! :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-22-2018 06:32 PM In reply to

Is it possible to have a hyperlink in the email body without having to provide a view?
  • 05-23-2018 12:58 PM In reply to

Doesn't look like it - in the code we are setting to plain text if you aren't using a view (although you may want to try & see, as I guess the email client may present the link as a hyperlink). You can just add a view with the link you want and indicate that as the view in the command tho.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.