Export Sharepoint InfoPath Data To Excel Fields As Rows - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Export Sharepoint InfoPath Data To Excel Fields As Rows

Last post 05-22-2016 03:21 PM by Patrick Halstead. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2016 08:42 AM

Export Sharepoint InfoPath Data To Excel Fields As Rows

I have created a form with many questions. For each question have corresponding answer field, drop down, Yes, No, NA. When export to Excel questions are headers, unfortunately, some questions are long making for unwieldy column headers. Would like question to be rows, not headers. How can I design form to obtain this layout when export list? Thanks much.
  • 05-16-2016 05:45 PM In reply to

Re: Export Sharepoint InfoPath Data To Excel Fields As Rows

Hi InfoPathY and thank you for posting,

You'll want to use a repeating table or section and default values for your questions.

Add a repeating table with two columns. One column is your question text and the other column is your answer value.

Go to Data->Default Values and add rows for all of the questions and type in the question text in the question text field. Make sure you don't click OK until you or done because it will close the dialog that you must use to enter all of them. :)

Then, when you export to Excel, choose the option to export a table.

Hope that helps! :) 

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-20-2016 02:19 PM In reply to

Hello Patrick, I tried your solution without success. Export continues as columns. Cannot make rows in pivot table resulting in laddered rows and so unworkable. I have seven sections or choice sections. Each of these contains several questions. I have tried question column and answer column. I even tried drop-downs with answer and question in each selection as well without success. As well tried exporting then transposing and that failed too. Problem is that questions/comments are of varied length and make for long, ungainly headings. That's why I thought would work better as rows. Thanks Infopathy
  • 05-22-2016 03:21 PM In reply to

Hi again, InfoPathY:

Sorry to hear you have not reached InfoPath enlightenment.

We are here to help.

The issue may be that you have choice sections, but I am not sure about your "Pivot Table" comment. Are you exporting to Excel? If so, you'll want to make sure that you have one repeating section or table (not seven).

How about paying us for an hour of one-on-one help? If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund your money.  Just go to qdabra dot com and click on Support -> Pay as you go.

Cheers,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.