Submit To SharePoint List Error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit To SharePoint List Error

Last post 12-18-2015 09:06 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2015 08:10 PM

Submit To SharePoint List Error

Hi,

Submit to SharePoint list works fine previously, but just recently, one of our user is having issues that the list is not updated. Upon checking the error node of Qrules, I found this error "Error ocurred submitting data to list: The specified user  could not be found." The next thing that I do is check ULS log and found this message "The user does not exist or is not unique". Upon checking in Active Directory, the user does have two user logon (domain\xx123 and domain\ds456) but the Display Name is the same. What I did is I change the Display Name and after that the SubmitToSharepointlist command now works for the user.

I would like to inquire if there is a way to ensure that the SubmitToSharepointList command validates that user log on (and not the DisplayName) as user log on will always be unique.

Thanks...

• 12-17-2015 07:42 AM In reply to

Re: Submit To SharePoint List Error

Hi - so you are submitting the display name to your list? I usually use the account ID - here's a blog post on that. http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/hilary/archive/2013/01/17/qrules-submittosharepointlist-and-a-person-or-group-column-type.aspx
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-17-2015 02:01 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Good day. This is the Command that I'm using SubmitToSharePointList /submit=WebSubmit /mapping=mapping /id=my:update_ItemId

I'm only submitting text field and date fields. The error only happens for a user when he/she submit the changes to the list.

• 12-17-2015 02:32 PM In reply to

I misunderstood. I thought you meant you were submitting user information to a list. Is this a filler or browser form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-17-2015 02:47 PM In reply to

It is a browser form. The command works for most of the user but since I have encounter one issue, I assume there would be similar case for others. Thanks

• 12-17-2015 03:22 PM In reply to

I'll file a case on this for review so we can see if there a bug here - just to make sure I understand, you have two users with different account IDs but the same name, and when one of them uses the SubmitToSharePointList command in a browser form, you get an error.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-17-2015 03:51 PM In reply to

Yes two account ID, but the two account ID is being use by a single user, one would be the normal account being use for company emails and other access and one would be a SharePoint Farm account use for accessing servers remotely.

• 12-18-2015 09:06 AM In reply to

Thanks for letting us know and for the additional details. I've filed a bug in our bug tracking system so that we can review this.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.