Lookup function in Infopath 2010 based on Excel list / Sharepoint List 2010 using TextBox - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Lookup function in Infopath 2010 based on Excel list / Sharepoint List 2010 using TextBox

Last post 08-18-2015 03:49 AM by gattadem. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2015 03:49 AM

Lookup function in Infopath 2010 based on Excel list / Sharepoint List 2010 using TextBox

Hello,

I am fairly new to InfoPath and trying to create a form now that will link to the SharePoint list. Where I am stuck is that a lot of the steps online show you how to connect these two fields so that they response to each other (where one is a dropdown and another text box)But I need 2 fields to be a textbox field and connect them based on the sharepoint...

So I have 2 infoPath fields:

a)Consumable Part number  -> as a textbox - here user can manually enter the partnumber (I cant use dropdown here because we have circa 600 entries here!). All entries are stored in the sharepoint list in the Consumable Part Number column

b)Consumable Description -> as a textbox - here the field fills in automatically as soon as user enters the correct partnumber that indeed is available on this sharepoint list and each partnumber is linked to its unique Consumable Description. All entries are stored in the sharepoint list in the Consumable Part Number column

Is there anyway I could work around this please?

Thanks so much! 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.