Copy information from table in runtime vew of Infopath Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Copy information from table in runtime vew of Infopath Form

Last post 08-03-2014 08:23 PM by JenniferLindsay. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2014 12:17 PM

• mcharnell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2014
    • Vancouver, BC
    • Posts 15

Copy information from table in runtime vew of Infopath Form

Hi All,

I have created an expense claim form in InfoPath 2007 where users can list all of their expenses and submit them for approval.

The form has a repeating table where all of the entries are made.  The entry table shows the expense date, type, amount, and notes.  The table also has other attributes needed by our accounting department that are automatically populated such as the GL number and the department code.

Once submitted and approved the form is reviewed by accounting who has another view of the table that shows the expenses grouped by the GL that shows the GL number, the department, and the amount to be entered.

This all works great but I was hoping to save accounting some data entry time by displaying the information exactly as they need it to enter into their batch processing spreadsheet.  This also works great EXCEPT the cannot select and copy it.  They can copy an individual field in the table but not the table or even a row.

I set up a button that would copy the row to the clipboard but it was only as text and did not paste nicely into Excel.

I saw some posts about exporting to excel or to SharePoint lists however these methods end up grabbing all of the table contents, not just the columns that I need.

Does anyone know of a way that users can copy information out of InfoPath in runtime mode (not design mode)?

Martin

• 08-03-2014 08:23 PM In reply to

Re: Copy information from table in runtime vew of Infopath Form

Hi Martin,

Once your data is in a SharePoint list, there's an option called Export To Excel on the List ribbon at the top. If there are columns that you don't want to export, just create a custom list view that doesn't contain those columns and make sure that view is selected when you export.

However, InfoPath out-of-the-box doesn't allow you to export repeating data to lists unless you're willing to write custom code.  Here at Qdabra, we offer a custom library called Qdabra Rules (qRules for short) that has a command that will allow you to export repeating data to a SharePoint list, and then once the data is in the list you can use the Export To Excel option.

If you'd like to try qRules in your form you can download a free trial: http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/download/qRulesTrial.aspx

Hope that helps!

Jennifer Lindsay
    Qdabra® Software/InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.