"InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames." - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

"InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames."

Last post 09-18-2015 01:16 PM by Anne Decker. 30 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2014 08:10 AM In reply to

• CGlover
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-21-2006
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 34

Re: "InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames."

FWIW, I have been experiencing this problem over the past couple of months. It occurs randomly on various forms that have worked fine in the past but if I reboot the form usually opens OK. I am using Infopath 2003 with windows 7 and I never edit templates outside Infopath. An OS bug in a recent update perhaps?
  • 09-29-2014 12:21 PM In reply to

Re: "InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames."

Hi Hilary, I know it has been a while but I've been waiting to get a new work computer (Windows7, Office 2010). Well I have that now and I am still having this problem. I have noticed this problem on other forms that I have that have not been edited since there original publishing. I see a number of other people have had this problem when I Google it. Some have mentioned certain updates that may have caused this. Any chance you may learned something since we last communicated?
  • 05-25-2015 01:29 PM In reply to

I'm having the same problem with forms I'm creating with Windows 7 and IP 2013. I suspect it is due to a windows update because it affects any form I try to open. Now when I copy the template files to another machine (windows 8) everything works great. But I'd much rather work on my forms on my win7 machine. It's much faster and I have multiple monitors setup, while the win8 machine is a laptop. I have noticed that sometimes using CCleaner from Piriform allows me to open my forms after a junk files and registry cleaning. It doesn't always solve the problem though. Very strange!
    Joseph Unik
    EMR Development Project Lead
    www.synergymed.net
  • 06-18-2015 05:31 AM In reply to

I have been experiencing this issue for a few months now.  I have recently found that the issue can be avoided by opening InfoPath in a minimised view, then opening the offending template.  I haven't managed to pin-point why it happens, but this workaround has consistently worked for me.

Filed under:
  • 06-18-2015 05:37 AM In reply to

So you mean, simply open infopath but do not expand the window to full screen? That's one weird error !!!
    Joseph Unik
    EMR Development Project Lead
    www.synergymed.net
  • 06-18-2015 05:49 AM In reply to

Yes, that generally works. On occasions when it does not, snap InfoPath to the right of the screen, then try the template again.  That has always worked for me.

• 06-18-2015 07:41 AM In reply to

Great info - thanks, I get this error too sometimes. Usually when I try to open the template in design mode the second or third time it has worked. I'm also compulsively clicking the hyperlink in the dialog that asks if the information was helpful to me and then clicking No. :)

Hilary Stoupa

• 06-25-2015 03:19 PM In reply to

• wpage
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-25-2015
    • Posts 1

I have also been fighting this same issue for the past few weeks and have been follow these posts. Today, I made a strange discovery. If my mouse is hovering over the InfoPath I get the "InfoPath cannot load the view.  The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames."  I found as I open my file or when I change views I quickly move my mouse off of the InfoPath window into my desktop area it opens every time. I have no idea why it is doing that, if someone could explain the connect between where my mouse is and the ability to open InfoPath they are far smarter than me.  

• 06-25-2015 03:26 PM In reply to

Thanks for posting! I keep clicking the "was this information helpful" and selecting No. :) I'll try the moving the mouse thing, although I have found that if I get the error the first time I try to open in Design if I maximize or resize the window then try again, it usually works. Sigh.

Hilary Stoupa

• 06-26-2015 12:43 AM In reply to

My suspicion is that it is related to a display driver. I have been working with Microsoft to see if they can identify the root cause. They initially suggested it was my hub driver, but we ruled that out. They then suggested a Bluetooth driver. Again we proved that it wasn't. They most recently suggested that it might be related to our security certificate. Again I was not able to prove this point.  As it was burning a lot of my time, and as I now have a workaround, I have closed the call. The workaround of snapping the Designer window to the right of my screen has worked every time since I discovered it.

• 08-28-2015 12:32 PM In reply to

I'm responding to this as one of our users hit this issue today. The rest of us can load the form up from the sharepoint list just fine... she got the error message. tried the "move the mouse off the infopath window" trick, and Voila, it worked. I've got her checking a couple of things for me to see if we can't track a driver/device conflict.
  • 09-09-2015 07:17 AM In reply to

Just popping on to say THANK YOU for the bizarre "move the mouse quickly off the InfoPath window" trick.  This has worked for me consistently and reliably for the past few weeks.  I appreciate the bump in productivity~!

• 09-18-2015 06:44 AM In reply to

Hi all

Just wanted to share my findings on this issue.

I have found that if you resize the Infopath Designer window so that it only covers a quarter of the desktop, the form will then open successfully!

You can then maximise the Infopath Window & work on the form as normal.

I have tried this on a couple of computers & it definitely allows the form to be opened successfully.

I guess it must be some sort of graphics issue or something..?

Hope this helps!

• 09-18-2015 07:00 AM In reply to

Our IT department have suggested disabling the service called 'Tablet PC input service'. It has done the trick for me!

• 09-18-2015 08:16 AM In reply to

Thanks for chiming in - I may give that a try, although as of late this has not been happening as much on my machine (Windows 10 / IP 2013). I'm still seeing error message displays truncated tho.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.