"InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames." - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

"InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames."

Last post 09-18-2015 01:16 PM by Anne Decker. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2014 07:41 PM

"InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames."

Several views in my form started to give me this message. How do I find and eliminate the offending HTML?

• 04-24-2014 07:37 AM In reply to

Re: "InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames."

Wow - that is kind of weird - you didn't make any modifications to the XSL files in the form?

Under the Publish page in the backstage, you can export the form as source files - from there, you can open and examine the XSL for the views to see if you can find the problematic HTML.

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-24-2014 08:28 AM In reply to

Re: "InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames."

First thank you for responding, it is much appreciated!

I couldn't say if I made any changes to the XSL files, I wouldn't know how to if you asked me. I had completed a number of views and then had to work on other things for a couple of months. When I came back four of the five views would not open and displayed this message. I have no idea what happened and I am the only one with access to this form.

I was able to export the source files as you suggested but I have to be honest I have no idea what I am looking for. I looked through the file for one of the views that will not open and the one view that would open. I see that obvious differences between the views but I do not know what should or shouldn't be there.

Do you have any suggestions of what to look for? Would there be some sort of wording or structure that would be noticeable?

Thanks again for your help. 

• 04-24-2014 08:46 AM In reply to

It seems unlikely you made any manual changes to the XSL then - can I take a look at your template? You should be able to attach it in a reply under the Options tab....

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-24-2014 09:04 AM In reply to

Certainly, here it is.

• 04-24-2014 09:09 AM In reply to

Oh, one thing that I forgot to mention. This message appears when I try to open the view in Design mode. It seems to open okay when I just open the form like I was going to fill it in.

• 04-24-2014 09:10 AM In reply to

What view(s) do you get the error on, and what version of InfoPath are you using? 2010, 2013, etc?

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-24-2014 10:03 AM In reply to

I'm using InfoPath 2010 with Windows 7. This form has been created with this combination. 

The views that give me the error are 04 Worksheet, 05 Customer Data, 06 Application Data, 07 Robot Data. The rest of the higher numbers have not been started.

View "01 Title, 02 Report No., 03 Choose Report" opens without any problems. 

• 04-24-2014 10:16 AM In reply to

I can't get it to error - I'm using IP 2013 w/ Windows 7. It does flash a lot when rendering the Robot Data view in the designer. Just on the off chance re-saving it magically fixed it, here is a copy for you try - save it locally, right click, select design and see if you still get the error.

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-24-2014 10:47 AM In reply to

Okay, so I saved the file you sent. At first I was having problems opening it because it was looking for some permission from a temp folder on a D: drive. I assume that was where you copied it from.

Anyway once I got past that I tried to open it in design mode and it took 7 or 8 attempts to open anything but it did finally open up the  07 Robot Data view. If I try to switch to any of the other views that did not work before I get my original error. Then when I tried to open it again I had to go through the 7 or 8 attempts again.

At that point I published it under a different name. I am now able to open it every time to the 07 Robot Data view but still have the problem when switching to the other non-functioning views.

It will still open the 01,02,03 view as before.

Since you are not having a problem with this template do you think there could be something in my computer that is not set correctly? Maybe some update that happened during my time away that affects InfoPath? 

• 04-24-2014 11:08 AM In reply to

Yeah, you shouldn't just open a template after it has been moved - always right click, select design, and resave. They get fussy about being moved.

Do you have anyone else around with IP 2010? So you could try opening in design mode on a different machine?

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-24-2014 11:18 AM In reply to

No, unfortunately I am traveling and don't have access to another machine. I will send it to our company server and try to get one of my colleagues to open it up from there.

I also just found that if I open the one you sent me it always opens to the 07 Robot Data view with the window at about half page height. If I switch to the other working view and then try to go back to the 07 view I get my original error. This is with the published version of the template you sent me. 

• 04-24-2014 11:29 AM In reply to

Since that is the view I had opened when I saved it, that is why it keeps trying to open with that view - like I said, this was just an experiment in hope. I hate to suggest it, but you may just have to recreate the views. Since you can open them when filling out the form, at least you'd have that for a reference.

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-24-2014 11:38 AM In reply to

I was afraid we might get to where you would say that. Well, I'll see what happens when my colleague trys it and if he has the same problem I'll start rebuilding. It's a bit unnerving to think that at any moment all that work could be lost again. But as you say at least I have a reference to work from.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll let you know if I find something. 

• 04-24-2014 11:48 AM In reply to

Yah, I'm just really not sure what could have gone wrong here - or what exactly the unsupported HTML might be. I searched the view for "frame" but nothing that easy here - my guess is the message is generic. And view 7 is 7,974 lines long - so not too quick to review....

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.