Nintex Workflow sending notifications to wrong person - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Nintex Workflow sending notifications to wrong person

Last post 11-14-2013 04:04 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2013 03:53 PM

• Shawn Webb
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-14-2013
    • Salt Lake City, UT
    • Posts 2

Nintex Workflow sending notifications to wrong person

I believe I know the reason why this is happening, but will explain the situation and hope that someone will confirm my suspicions or explain why it is happening.

The workflow I have created is set to send a notification to "created by" in several different situations (request is complete, request needs additional information, etc.).  I've been getting calls and e-mails from users who say they are receiving e-mails for forms they did not submit.  This is a problem because the correct person is not getting the forms either.  When we need additional information and don't receive it we close the request then receive another nasty-gram asking why we neither completed the request nor notified the submitter that we needed information.

I believe the reason is that some users are saving a partially completed form to their hard drive then submitting it later after they have completed all the required fields, etc.  Then some other user does the same thing and uses the same default name (Form1).  Although I have the forms set to save with a specific file name when submitting {here is the file name I used in the Data Connection Wizard: concat("eRegRequest - ", now()) } it saves with Form1 as the file name.  When the second user submits, for some reason the workflow sends the notification to the person who submitted the original form that saved as Form1.  My workflow does not have anything to do with the name of the form, but I believe that the first person saving the form to their desktop some how changed something.

Please help.  I'm very new to InfoPath.  I had to learn the application just to create this form and the workflows.  I'm still very much a novice, if even that.

I would appreciate someone giving me pointers (in a non-technical language) because I hardly know what I'm doing.

Shawn

Shawn Webb
    United Healtcare Six Sigma Black Belt
  • 11-14-2013 04:04 PM In reply to

Re: Nintex Workflow sending notifications to wrong person

So - are the users submitting the form to your SharePoint library using your data connection? Or are they saving the form there, and just using Form1 as the name? You can always disable Save & Save As, force them to only use Submit, which should then submit to the form library.

However, if you are using "now" for the file name in the data connection, and someone opens and resubmits the file, they will get a brand new file, since "now" has a different value. Instead, add a field to your form for the file name. Set it when they click Submit with the condition that "filename is blank" - so the first time it is submitted, it is set to eRegRequest - now() and the name is stable. You want a unique and stable name. Then you can make sure your SharePoint Library submit connection is set to overwrite existing. :)

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.