Custom approval WF based off person/group picker - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Custom approval WF based off person/group picker

Last post 09-25-2013 07:04 AM by brunettej. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2013 02:06 PM

Custom approval WF based off person/group picker

Hello All, I know this has probably been answered somewhere in a post but can't find an answer that help. Ok I have a INFOPATH 2010 form with a person/group picker (name: pgpOpsEmail). The form works fine and I am able to use the person picker to search for people from my active directory, no problem. I also set up a reusable workflow in SharePoint Designer 2010 with 3 stages of approval. If I pick who I want to be the "approvers" my workflow works fine. However, I would like the first approver to be who (either person or group) the user selects in the form from the pgpOpsEmail picker. Hopefully I am on the right direction but I have the following: In my form, I have Property Promotions set to a Column based on the DisplayName for a person selected in the person/group picker. In my Reusable Workflow I created a local variable called "OP Email" and set that variable based off the forms column OP Email, which will populate with the person selected in the person picker from the form. Now heres where I run into trouble. It wont start the approval. I have no Idea why. I know that I am setting the declaring and assigning the correct variables cause I set up a email notification based off fields in the design of the work flow. I guess my question is if anyone knows how a workflow can set an approver based off a value person/group picker? Thank you very much.
  • 09-19-2013 02:33 PM In reply to

Re: Custom approval WF based off person/group picker

Also, I keep getting this error on the workflow in SP. Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type. hope this helps
  • 09-19-2013 08:06 PM In reply to

Hi brunettej,

I recommend promoting the AccountId field from the person/group picker, and then select that field on your workflow instead of the DisplayName. Please give it a try, and let me know how it works out.

Don Stephen Lambatin / Support Engineer
    Qdabra Software
  • 09-25-2013 07:04 AM In reply to

Hi DonStephen, Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay on my end. I have tried using the Account ID but still no luck. I am not sure if my problem lies in my form or my reusable workflow. In my form I have a column set to the accountID (or DisplayName) and that value is visible on the SP library upon submit so I know that works. In my reusable Workflow I did the following: STEP 1 Set VAriable:opsEmail to InfoPAthForm: personpickerEmail Then I have a step STEP 2 Start approval(1) process on current Item with variable:opsEmail. I did the same for the displayNAme as well. Hope this makes sense. Thanks again I appreciate it
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.