Workflow approval based on user select sharepoint user - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Workflow approval based on user select sharepoint user

Last post 09-13-2013 08:08 AM by brunettej. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2013 12:11 PM

Workflow approval based on user select sharepoint user

Hello Everybody, I am trying to create a custom approval workflow in SharePoint 2010 Designer. My issue that I am having a hard time trying to find an answer for is how to set the first person in the approval process based of a SharePoint user that the person filling the form out designates. I hope this makes sense. Hes the steps: 1) user logs into SharePoint 2010 site. 2) user opens Info Path 2010 browser form. 3) user fills out form. 4) user uses a "person/group picker" to select the first person(or group) that will approve the form. 5) user submits form. 6) form is now in its library. *this is where I need help 7) the "person/group" selected in the form will be notified for approval just as in a OOTB approval workflow in SP2010. Does anybody know a good tutorial that shows this as I know there's a lot to probably do. Thanks all and I appreciate all feedback.
  • 09-06-2013 03:29 PM In reply to

Re: Workflow approval based on user select sharepoint user

In your published form, if you promote the field that has the "first approver" info in it, you'd then have that account id in your library when the form is submitted - you should be able to access that value in your custom workflow.

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-11-2013 02:51 PM In reply to

Hilary, Thanks for your response. That makes sense, I will give that a shot. Thank you.
  • 09-12-2013 10:28 PM In reply to

• baron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 1

What I then want to do is create and Info Path form that is able to use the information from the 'School Name: Teacher Name' (additional) lookup column. However, When connecting Info Path to List A there appears to be no way to have this an an option. Info Path will allow me to create a connection to 'School Name' but not the additional column. I hope this is clear? I'm relatively new to SharePoint and especially new to Info Path but I'm in desperate need of a solution.
  • 09-13-2013 08:08 AM In reply to

Baron, Trying to get a better picture of what your doing. Are you saying you an Info Path form that has a data connection to a SharePoint List where you are trying to get the data that's in two (2) columns School Name, and Teacher Name? Also are you populating a dropdown list or list box wit this data once its retrieved? Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.