How Should I approach this? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How Should I approach this?

Last post 03-27-2013 07:08 AM by CathT. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2013 06:14 AM

How Should I approach this?

Hi, I’m new to InfoPath and SharePoint and want to achieve the following: I need a form that is to be filled out by 4 different people Parts 1,2,3,4 I currently have an InfoPath Form with 4 views one for each part. The flow I want to achieve is the requestor fills out part one, this generates an email to 3 different people each to complete a different set of information (parts 2,3 & 4). Once all for parts are completed I would like an email to be generated back to me and the requester to say it’s complete. Then and assuming the above is possible, I would like to approve the form which will email it on to another set of people all of who all need to approve the form before returning it to me once more. I started by creating a form in InfoPath with all 4 views, but if I open it as user 1 / view 1 (the requester) and save the form the validation for views 2,3 & 4 kick in and stop it being saved. I guess I’m going about it the wrong way, so how should I approach this? I'm using 2010 Infopath and sharepoint.
  • 03-27-2013 06:36 AM In reply to

Re: How Should I approach this?

Hi,

We have a free, four part training lab on our blog and it sounds quite similar to your scenario.

Perhaps you could walk thru it to learn a little bit about the process, and then think about it can be expanded or modified for your specific scenario.

http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/jennifer/archive/2010/06/25/free-training-learn-infopath-2010-and-sharepoint-2010-by-building-an-event-form.aspx

Good luck!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-27-2013 07:08 AM In reply to

• CathT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-09-2012
    • Posts 11

Re: How Should I approach this?

Good morning,

I am also interested in the above posters delimima and how to accomplish this.  I went to your link above and tried to download the template in the blog but I recevied a message, "the file is not a valid xml file" and cannot download it to complete the training.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.