Item Restores Kick off Workflow - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Item Restores Kick off Workflow

Last post 01-22-2013 12:16 AM by JenniferLindsay. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2013 07:32 AM

Item Restores Kick off Workflow

Hello, I have a request to see if i can fix the following and I am not sure if it is possible with out of the box functionality. The issue is, when a user deletes an item from a library and it gets restored it starts the workflow over again so a series of emails get kicked off. How do we prevent this on restore? Currently the workflow is trigger to start on item creation so I believe that is why this is occurring. We do not want to manually start this workflow so I don't know if we have any option but to put up with this inconvenience. Any ideas. Thanks.
  • 01-22-2013 12:16 AM In reply to

Re: Item Restores Kick off Workflow

Here's an idea: Add a hidden field to your form called Count (or whatever you want), make it a promoted property so it appears in the library columns, and when you submit a new form to the library make sure the value for Count is set to 0. 

Next, add a step to the very top of your workflow to increment the value in the Count column by 1 every time the workflow runs. 

Put the rest of your workflow (the steps you already have) underneath this new step inside an If condition: "If Current Item:Count is equal to 1".

Now, the very first time you submit a form to the library, Count will be incremented from 0 to 1, the If condition for the rest of your workflow will be satisfied, and the rest of your workflow will run just the way you want.

If the user deletes the form and then restores it, Count will be incremented from 1 to 2, the If condition will NOT be satisfied, and the rest of your workflow will NOT run.

I haven't actually had a chance to test this, so if you try it do let me know if you run into problems.

Jennifer Lindsay
    Qdabra® Software/InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.