Restart Workflow - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Restart Workflow

Last post 09-20-2012 10:46 AM by MeganG. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2012 06:21 AM

Restart Workflow

Hello, I am new to infopath developemnt but wondering how to restart a workflow. We have a workflow that needs around 5 approvals. However, any where within the workflow if it is rejected it needs to move back to the last person for them to make changes or reject it. If they approve we need it to move back to the next person in line. How does one do something like this? Thanks for the help.
  • 09-20-2012 10:46 AM In reply to

Wondering if you ever figured this out. I also have a scenario where I need to restart the workflow (or simulate a restart!) as well.

I am using SP, SharePoint Designer, and Infopath 2010. In my scenario, if someone rejects the form, it needs to be sent back to the original User for changes and then needs to go back through the entire approval process. Because the pool of initial users is so large, I really need this logic to happen inside the workflow and not be something they have to manually restart.

The overall process being managed by the workflow and form goes like this:

1. User fills out the request, submits it.
    2. The form uses some logic to determine which approvers are needed (between 2-8).
    3. The form gets passed up a ladder of approvers one at a time.

Outcomes:
    A--if all approved, it is sent to 3 other department who make their own changes to denote that various actions have been performed. Yay!

OR

B--if someone rejects the request, the User is notified by email, then updates & resubmits the form --which then needs to go through all the approvers again from scratch (the User can abandon the request at this stage as well, but I know how to handle that).

So I need the logic/steps on how to get it to reboot the approval process. Because a request *could* get rejected more than once.

Thanks in advance for any help and insights you can offer.

MeganG

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.