Multi Custom List Items Update creates new record - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Multi Custom List Items Update creates new record

Last post 06-27-2012 04:37 AM by ErnestoM. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2012 05:55 AM

Multi Custom List Items Update creates new record

Hi,

Scenario:

1) Added a new data in the info path using qrules, insert items into 1 form library and 3 custom lists.  Works fine

2)  When modifying the existing item through info path (data comes from the list & library), one more row gets added with the new data while the existing item remains.  So altogether we get two rows one with the updated item and other the existing item.

3) Again when we preview the info path it displays the modified item/value. 

Could you please help us to resolve it?

Thanks

Senthil Kumar

• 06-05-2012 06:05 AM In reply to

Re: Multi Custom List Items Update creates new record

Hi Senthil,

What is the command you are using? In order to modify list items, you'll need to provide a /id parameter. If an /id parameter is not provided, a new item is created each time.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 06-05-2012 06:38 AM In reply to

Hi ErnestoM,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The command what we are using is Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

SubmitToSharePointList /submit=WebServiceSubmit /mapping=Qmapping/id=my:ID

but still we get new item each time.

• 06-05-2012 06:46 AM In reply to

I'm assuming that there's a spacing issue when you used copy/paste, because there's no space before /id

SubmitToSharePointList /submit=WebServiceSubmit /mapping=Qmapping/id=my:ID

should be

SubmitToSharePointList /submit=WebServiceSubmit /mapping=Qmapping /id=my:ID

Is that correct?

We would need to make sure that:

1. The relative xpath my:ID is correct (matches your schema)

2. That the ID is correctly stored in that field. If the field is blank, a new item will be created.

Can you display the ID field in the canvas temporarily and let us know whether it is being populated with an ID after submitting the list items? Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 06-27-2012 04:29 AM In reply to

Hi Ernesto,

I also get the same issue like duplciation of records, even the spacing is correct in the form.  We created a simple Form library and Custom list but same issue.  If we could get any sample form it would be helpful for us.

I followed the document in the below link

http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/qrules/entry61475.aspx 

Thanks

Vasavi 

• 06-27-2012 04:37 AM In reply to

Hi-

I imagine that there is still an issue with the /id parameter. That is essentially what allows overwrites.

There's another document here, and a sample form here.

Hope these help! Remember that qRules purchase comes with one hour of support in case you need our help in setting this up.

Thank you.

Ernesto Machado

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.