Issue trying to get qRules injected form working with SharePoint List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Issue trying to get qRules injected form working with SharePoint List

Last post 01-22-2013 08:29 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2011 08:37 AM

Issue trying to get qRules injected form working with SharePoint List

I am new to qRules and Infopath custom code... I'm trying to get an injected form published back to the SharePoint list.  I'm obviously doing something wrong or am not using the program correctly but browsing the documentation hasn't pointed me in the right direction.

Following is what I have tried with associated errors:

1. SANDBOX SERVICE NOT RUNNING

I am able to open the form directly from the SharePoint List ribbon.  I Save As and save the file to a known location.  I close the form.  I successfully Inject the form.  I can then open it in Design mode in Infopath but when I try to Publish it back to the SharePoint list I get the following error:

The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

Server was unable to process request. ---> Form template "Lists/Assessments/Item/f09ad1e8-0596-42e9-96cc-f9f3c74c22b9.xsn" cannot be browser enabled because the sandboxed code service is not running on the server.

2. SANDBOX SERVICE RUNNING

I start the Foundation Sandbox Service in Central Admin. I immediately open the injected form in Design Mode and attempt to publish again back to the SharePoint list and get the following error:

Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• 09-14-2011 09:05 AM In reply to

Re: Issue trying to get qRules injected form working with SharePoint List

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry you've run into issues. You mention that you've injected the InfoPath form with qRules, but since the form has code, the process is not as easy as injection. Have you seen this document?

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 09-14-2011 10:46 AM In reply to

Thanks for the response.  I hadn't seen that document so thanks.  After following the steps in the document I got stuck on Step 3.  As the instructions are for Infopath 2007 and I'm on 2010 I figured a button/function was moved so I started researching where to find the "missing" Programming commands.  I found that what is missing is due to the fact that I am working on a form attached directly to a SharePoint LIST and these commands are only available if you are working on a form submitting to a SharePoint LIBRARY.

So now I'm gravely concerned.  I need to be able to submit my form data directly to a SharePoint List but it appears that I can't get qRules to work to do this... or can I?  If so the document and info I've come across so far don't seem to apply to enabling an Infopath 2010 form submitting to a SharePoint LIST.

• 09-14-2011 10:52 AM In reply to

Ernesto Machado
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-31-2012 12:55 AM In reply to

I too am receiving the below error after injecting qRules 4.2:

Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

In SP2010 I click on a basic custom list, select the ribbon list tool list tab, click the edit in Infopath icon, wait for the form to download and open in designer, save the form, close infopath, inject qrules for a 2010 browser form, reopen the form, then quick publish. There is no custom code in the form. This error has been repeated by another staffer on a completely independent SP install.

What am I missing, as this is the most straightforward and common out of box behaviour for editing Sharepoint forms with Infopath?

If you can't use qRules this way, please advise ASAP.

• 07-31-2012 05:05 AM In reply to

Hi,

You can't add code to SharePoint list forms. If you click on Customize form in a SharePoint list, the form will open in InfoPath's design mode, then go to the Form Options -> notice there is no option for Programming.

qRules cannot be added to a SharePoint list form because SharePoint List forms cannot have code.

Instead, create a blank new form (not based off a list) and then inject qRules. You can use qRules commands to write to a SharePoint list, but your form will be published to a ShP form library.

Here is the qRules page with videos and tutorials.

Good luck.

Ernesto Machado

• 01-21-2013 10:19 AM In reply to

• Den12
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-15-2013
    • Posts 57

Hi Ernesto,

I have a similar situation, but with a Workflow Task form. Getting similar messages, but not quite.

However, I was able to inject qRules 4.3 (trial) into a Workflow Taskform (SP 2010 enterprise & Infopath 2010, 64-bit, no C# or VB code before injection) with a warning:

[1] "The form template has been published to the server, but can only be opened in Infopath because it contains features that are not compatible with web browsers.

To fix this problem, close the dialog and review the errors in the design checker task pane".

[2] Runnning the design checker shows no errors, but it does show "Click Change Settings.. to provide the address of the server where you plan to publish this template. This will make error checking more accurate."

Now it is interesting, that:

-the Workflow task form (infopath 2010) is actually opening in the Infopath client from the workflow e-mail notification (use Open Task in MS Outlook).

- same workflow task form is able to approve/reject and complete successfully the workflow.

- was able to use people picker control (outside repating table), to properly authenticate all AssignedTo users..to be used for a following step in a multi-step workflow.

Now the parts that do NOT work:

- trying to open the assigned Task from the Workflow -> Tasks page , In Browser, produces an error, as warned in [1], but it opens nicely in Infopath Client/Filler.

- The AssignedTo users (properly parsed using the double eval trick and formatted to submit multiple users via the SubmitToSharepointList qRules command) together with Due Dates and descriptions is supposed be populating the rows of a repeating table. It WORKS when run on the desktop (same form being published), BUT the Description and Due Date fields are now DISABLED (opening from MS Outlook Task notification)!?!?

Reference to that functionality mentioned at http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/15290/86156.aspx#86156 and http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/24879/86188.aspx#86188.

- Custom "Add Task" button, using rules to move the data from non-repeating controls to the repeating table is ACTIVE, but the rules (OOTB rules, no qrules commands here), which work when form/template executed from desktop, but does NOTHING when run from MS Outlook  "Open Task".

- the mapping used with qRules on that form has been used successfully with a similar non-published Infopath+qRules form, same target list for submitting the items from the repeating table, but NO re-mapping done after used on the workflow form (id is not mapped as it is not specified on the workflow taskform).

Could you please clarify whether the limitation for publishing Infopath Forms with qRules (4.3 trial here) to SP List  is also valid for Workflow Taskforms.  It looks like it might be possible..

• 01-22-2013 08:29 AM In reply to

Adding a link to your new thread on this.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.