Qrules - Submit To List - Task List in Sub Site (Not Working) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Qrules - Submit To List - Task List in Sub Site (Not Working)

Last post 01-17-2013 03:10 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 31 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2013 08:24 AM In reply to

• Den12
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-15-2013
    • Posts 57

Re: Qrules - Submit To List - Task List in Sub Site (Not Working)

Thank you Hilary,

Appreciate it very much. That worked, both with and without the domain name included.

Just to clarify, for anybody else finding these posts helpful:

-my mapping is from a repeating table,text/rich text field(Infopath) to a Person/Group field (a custom List), allowing multiple selections.

- I use a people picker control on the form. The values of that control are written to a separate text control on the form(not shown), by activating event (action) on a third control (required). That is because actions are not allowed for People picker controls in Infopath.

- to Get the values of the People picker control(as part of the action mentioned) above, I use a DelimitedList from the qRules.

The solution works with groups, single and multiple groups in the receiving list as well.

Update:

- I found it easier to extract the multiple persons' AccountId(s), from each row of the repeating table, by using the well known "double eval trick": eval(eval(Person, 'concat(pc:AccountId, ";#-1;#")'), ".."). That is compared to using the DelimitedList, which if you copy the full xpath of the People Picker control will start appending ALL people mentioned in all rows of the same repeating table, so filtering the Xpath parameter of the qRules DelimitedList command will be necessary. Please note, that the formatting above already is adjusted for multiple users in each people picker control, in any row of the repeating table - you just have to put an action in another control in the same repeating table (making that control required would force the action to fire, but keep in mind that, in Infopath, if the people picker is edited AFTER you populate that other/ activating control, the necessary rule/action will NOT automatically update (fire the action) unless you edit that activating control again (or if button, click the button). 

- Not sure why Infopath allows firing a formatting rule after clicking the "checkNames" button of the people picker control (or when getting out of focus), but not allow Actions. The formatting rule could still be used for visual notification/warning, that the People picker has been edited and that "flag" be reset after editing the "activation control" used for extracting the AccountId(s) from the people picker control, on each row.

P.S: If other qRules questions appear, I would create a separate qRules thread.

• 01-17-2013 03:10 PM In reply to

Re: Qrules - Submit To List - Task List in Sub Site (Not Working)

Thanks for posting your steps - I put up a mini blog post here with syntax that SharePoint expects and linked back to this thread. Hopefully we will save someone else some time on this. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 3 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.