Infopath "browser enabled" form with a custom workflow, different views to be shown to different people - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath "browser enabled" form with a custom workflow, different views to be shown to different people

Last post 02-25-2010 04:24 AM by princevis. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2010 04:10 AM

Infopath "browser enabled" form with a custom workflow, different views to be shown to different people

Hello

I am new to infopath. I intend to develop a new infopath form which will have the following salient features. If anyone can please guide me on it. (I dont know much of coding so I will not be able to do much of code customizations, but I can surely use SPD for custom workflows.)

1. The end user opens an infopath form in browser. I plan to make one view over here that will contain editable fields on this page. He fills in the data and submits. This triggers a mail to the immediate boss. One thing over here is that there should be a submit button on the form instead of the regular Save/Close link buttons on the form.

2. The form after submission in step 1 goes to the end user's immediate boss for approval. So I need to create one more view that will contain the data entered by the end user in read-only mode. Plus the view will contain additional editable fields to be modified by the immediate boss. Here the boss accepts or rejects the request and submits again the form (Submit button) to his big daddy in the organization for approval.

3. There are different departments in the organization for implementation of every request submitted by the end user. Once the big daddy evaluates the request and finds that it is to be entertained then he will accept the request. This in turn will trigger mails to different responsible people based on the values submitted in the form. This will require a different conditional views of the form that will contain all the data entered by the user in readonly mode pertaining to that particular department.

All this needs to be done in the framework of browser enabled infopath forms

The big Gods of infopath please guide me how to proceed. Also comment if this is possible without coding or not.

• 02-25-2010 04:24 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath "browser enabled" form with a custom workflow, different views to be shown to different people

Hi Amarnath,

yes,whatever you have mentioned here can be done without managed code. Design an infopath form and insert whatever controls or whatever fields you want. Then create a new view as Approver view and make all the fields read only.You can copy paste infopath form across views.And then repeat the same procedure for another approval.Enable views on Submit button click.I hope you understand my point..

Vishal Srivastava
    Senior Software Engineer
    SDG Software Pvt Ltd
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.