Optional section based on SQL tables not working well - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Optional section based on SQL tables not working well

Last post 01-18-2010 07:49 AM by jozef.fiflik. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2010 07:49 AM

Optional section based on SQL tables not working well

Hi all,
    I am trying to create infopath form (using InfoPath 2003) based on several DB tables and I face the problem with optional sections. I don't know how to properly implement "one to zero or more" relationship in InfoPath. Please help. The problem is described below.

Example: One table holds main data, e.g. Person. Next two tables holds additional data like Notes or Tasks.
    Relationships are as follows:
    Notes Person Tasks
    Person can have zero or more notes as well as tasks.
    The key thing here is, that there might be no tasks or notes per person. Optional section can save the day. Without optional section, the InfoPath would create blank record in each referenced table so each person would have at least one task and one note. So I created 2 optional sections, one for Tasks, one for Notes. I made sure the checkbox "Do not insert the section in the form by default" is checked.

And now the problem... if I open a form and try to add any of these section, other one is added as well. So if I add Note, Task is added as well and vice versa.

How to get rid of this fantastic "feature"?

One Note: I've tested this also in InfoPath form without DB backend and there was no problem at all.
    Thank you for your help in advance guys!!!
    Jozef
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.